Metal detector recommendations? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Hobbies Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2016, 03:15 PM   #1
Jerry-rigged
Fishing from a paddle boat...

Jerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to PirateJerry-rigged has been promoted to Pirate
Metal detector recommendations?

howdy gang-

So my son apparently lost his senor ring while mowing the yard...

I am thinking this might be a good excuse to buy a metal detector. Anyone here have anything worth recommending? I am not looking for a high end machine, but not a 'toy' either. entry level hobby grade?

Anyone?

Thanks!

Jerry
Jerry-rigged is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2016, 03:42 PM   #2
toyotapilot
Registered Users-pm+

toyotapilot has been promoted to Piratetoyotapilot has been promoted to Piratetoyotapilot has been promoted to Piratetoyotapilot has been promoted to Piratetoyotapilot has been promoted to Piratetoyotapilot has been promoted to Piratetoyotapilot has been promoted to Piratetoyotapilot has been promoted to Piratetoyotapilot has been promoted to Piratetoyotapilot has been promoted to Piratetoyotapilot has been promoted to Pirate
I use a Bounty Hunter Lone Star, it may not be as fancy as some of the high end ones like a Garrett Ace (want that one though) but it does a pretty good job. I have found some cool stuff, and a lot of pull tabs. You can pick the Bounty Hunter up locally at a lot of places.
toyotapilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2016, 05:22 PM   #3
sqwaby
Registered Users-pm+

sqwaby has been promoted to Piratesqwaby has been promoted to Piratesqwaby has been promoted to Piratesqwaby has been promoted to Piratesqwaby has been promoted to Piratesqwaby has been promoted to Piratesqwaby has been promoted to Piratesqwaby has been promoted to Piratesqwaby has been promoted to Piratesqwaby has been promoted to Piratesqwaby has been promoted to Pirate
take a look at the entry level Fisher line. Good machine and a bit faster response to targets than the ace from Garrett
sqwaby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2016, 05:34 PM   #4
Mr. Saltwater
Registered Users-pm+

Mr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to PirateMr. Saltwater has been promoted to Pirate
I use mostly Garrett detectors myself, but just about all of the well known brands on the market will do the job once you get over the initial learning curve. I would recommend that you buy a machine with target ID and pinpointing features...you will dig less trash and have more fun.

You may want to consider contacting a local metal detecting club and attending a meeting before you buy one. You will meet a lot of good people willing to assist a beginner in getting started, and could probably pick up a used high end detector at a bargain price. Club members are always happy to help find lost rings free of charge too.
Mr. Saltwater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2016, 11:50 AM   #5
RAMROD1
Registered Users-pm+

RAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to PirateRAMROD1 has been promoted to Pirate
Check out KellyCo and give them a call and they will steer you in the right direction.
RAMROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2016, 12:03 PM   #6
pilotboat
Registered Users-pm+

pilotboat has been promoted to Piratepilotboat has been promoted to Piratepilotboat has been promoted to Piratepilotboat has been promoted to Piratepilotboat has been promoted to Piratepilotboat has been promoted to Piratepilotboat has been promoted to Piratepilotboat has been promoted to Piratepilotboat has been promoted to Piratepilotboat has been promoted to Piratepilotboat has been promoted to Pirate
Amazon I use a Garrett
pilotboat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2016, 05:43 PM   #7
MoleDJ
Registered Users-pm+

MoleDJ is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Lol

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
MoleDJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message