2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

West Bay 10/23 Solid Fish!

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  That Robbie Guy 
#1 ·
Launched at dark thirty with some thunderstorms over the horizon towards the East. Luckily it missed us and the day turned out real nice. The water looked green and smooth. Other than forgetting my waders, I was stoked about hopping in the water. Water temp was 80 degrees so I didn't get hyperthermia lol. We had picked up one dozen of croakers just in case they wanted some barking monkeys. Last couple of trips they shied away from the barkers! Anyways with an outgoing tide I was expecting some good things in this area. This shoreline is really good on an outgoing tide. First trout landed was around 20 inches and the rest were all solid up to 21" with a few reds thrown in for the grill. So about half the fish were caught on croakers. The rest were caught on gold spoons, DSL (ICE and Bone Diamond). They really smashed the spoon. It's been awhile since I used spoons. Good thing I tried them.

Glad to have some fish to give to my folks who are visiting next week. They really enjoy fried trout!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.