2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Kevlar wading sock

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  mattyD 
#1 · (Edited)
Thoughts about the rayguard Kevlar sock?
Has anyone been hit verifiable while wearing the sock? results?
Is the sock sufficient with a light weight wading boot?

#3 ·
I'm with Grem. I just got a pair of the Barts Bay Armor boots in the last couple of weeks and they are great. Most comfortable wading boot you'll put on (light weight and very flexible) and provides ray protection up to or over your calf depending on how long your legs are.

They will also replace my rubber boots during warmer weather duck hunting. You won't regret them.

#6 ·
??

I think the kevlar socks are the route for me, have plenty of boots, just need a thin protective layer. Chances are I wouldn't wear a boot, but would slip on a sock. I've got the everlast guards and don't bother with them, they're a hassle. So simple for me is best, or it won't happen at all. :texasflag

#7 ·
I have the Bart’s. Far from anything comfortable for me. Not a fan and really wanted to like them. I know of two guys that have their Bart’s coming unglued after 6-10 wades. Guy at the store also confirms problems with durability. I just purchased the ray socks and Simms boots and my feet are loving them. Don’t know how effective they are against being barbed and can’t find any info on it but Bart’s does a great job selling them on effectiveness (videos on website). Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Very very disappointed with the Barts boots. I bought pair and they developed a crack in the crease after about 10 uses. I contacted the company and they sent me a new pair right away. The new pair developed a crack in the same spot after my first wade.

Now I am trying the Kevlar socks. Super convenient and So far so good. We will see how they hold up.

#9 ·
Kevlar socks

Very very disappointed with the Barts boots. I bought pair and they developed a crack in the crease after about 10 uses. I contacted the company and they sent me a new pair right away. The new pair developed a crack in the same spot after my first wade.

Now I am trying the Kevlar socks. Super convenient and So far so good. We will see how they hold up.
I stabbed mine with a ice pick and it went through them,maybe not what im looking for and i sent them back for a refund.And i did not hit them very hard with the pick either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.