Share of cabin on 5300 acres on the Gulf of Mexico for $3500 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Classified Ads > Real estate & rentals
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2015, 11:22 PM   #1
Ontherocks
Registered Users-pm+

Ontherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to Pirate
Share of cabin on 5300 acres on the Gulf of Mexico for $3500

We are a group of 5 guys who bought an undivided interest share on Matagorda Peninsula 6 years ago. An undivided interest share allows you access to the use the entire property, regardless of the percentage you own.

It isn't a peninsula anymore, it is two islands. It is four miles offshore from Port O' Connor. There is a WW2 airbase out there, and several cabin owners fly out, but the only other way is by boat.

I know, a lot of people poop on undivided interest shares, but I've been on one in Rockport for 15 years and it has worked out great. When we first bought our share on the island everybody we met asked us who we were and who we bought our share from. Once they knew we "belonged" they were awesome. They know all of our boats, show up within the first 30 minutes after we get there and invite us for poker/dinner/cocktails/fishing/hog hunting/etc.

This "cabin" is about 350 square feet with 3 bunk beds, a/c, a flushing crapper complete with septic, rainwater collection for washing dishes and outdoor showers, solar panels and batteries for charging cell phones playing tunes and running r/v lights, generators for a/c's, kayak, Weber grill, fish fryer/shrimp boiler, memory foam mattresses, two burner propane stove, rods and tackle, first aid kits, food, etc, etc, etc. it also has 800 square feet of deck on three sides and a big picnic table.

We also have barged out a mid 80's Ford Bronco with a high rack for hunting, we have a Jeep CJ5 and a Yamaha three wheeler with a small trailer.

This place has 10 miles of private beach on the Gulf of Mexico, and 10 miles of private beach on the bay. Our place is built one step from the jetties, thus our name - "On The Rocks". We have two 400 watt metal halide green lights that we stick in the jetty rock cracks so we can fish off the porch.

Our group includes a contractor, a banker, a chemical salesman, an electrician and an electrical engineer. We all get along well, and have enjoyed the hell out of this place. But we don't get down enough to keep an eye on it as well as we should.

We are planning a trip down in late Jan. or early Feb., so if anyone has any interest send me a PM with a phone number and I'll reply. We would offer you a free stay and grub for the weekend so we could meet you and get acquainted. I will send you pics and links if requested, if I can figure it out.

What we are hoping to find are partners that we can enjoy who are close enough to use it/ keep an eye on it more than we can. We all live in the Austin area.

P.S. We also each contribute $360 a year for maintenance/improvements.
Ontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2015, 11:39 PM   #2
Ontherocks
Registered Users-pm+

Ontherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to PirateOntherocks has been promoted to Pirate
Sorry, I forgot to mention we are only offering two spots. We want a maneagble sized group with an odd number so no tie votes on issues. And we have our annual "meeting" at our dove lease in Jarrell, just north of Austin,each December. We bbq doves, sausage, meet and discuss projects and priorities, shoot skeet, and byob.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:15 PM   #3
Ontherocks
Registered Users-pm+

My pms blew up with a bunch of people who are interested. I have a legal pad with three pages of notes trying to keep up with who I've talked to, replied to and sent pics to.

IF I MISSED YOU OR YOU ARE STILL WAITING ON SOMETHING FROM ME PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Thanks,
Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2015, 01:47 AM   #4
Ontherocks
Registered Users-pm+

We took last week off for the holidays, but will contact everyone who has expressed an interest in our place this week or next. Please bear with us as we get through this process. I will be in touch with each and every one who has expressed an interest. Thanks, Eric