Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Crew Wanted/Crew Available
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #1
JeramyM
Registered Users-pm+

JeramyM is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Looking to learn and gain experience

Hey guys, I'm looking for help in gaining knowledge and experience off shore. I have a limited amount of time fishing inshore mainly from a kayak and wade fishing. Not really sure where to start or what to do to get my foot in the door and build the knowledge needed to become a good deckhand, but willing to learn and do what ever work is necessary. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
JeramyM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2019, 01:16 PM   #2
MudMarlin
Registered Users-pm+

MudMarlin is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Head boats are the fastest / easiest way to learn. To be blunt, it is your only shot at fishing offshore with little experience. Most boats will have 3-4 deckhands so you will work side by side with experienced fisherman. Having said that, it is a absolute fast track to learn valuable techniques and skills. It is hard work though, be prepared. I would work 20+ hours with out a break or sleeping.

The hard work sure does pay though, both in knowledge and big tipping customers from Kansas haha.
MudMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2019, 09:06 PM   #3
rmiller4292
Registered Users-pm+

rmiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Piratermiller4292 has been promoted to Pirate
Where are you located? That might help get you in touch with guys that are willing to help out. I fish out of Port O’Connor and go solo fairly regularly. I’m still fairly new to the offshore game, but I can put some fish on the deck and wouldn’t mind taking someone on occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
rmiller4292 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message