2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

The best winter lures and a fly for fresh and salt water fishing.

4K views 28 replies 5 participants last post by  karstopo 
#1 ·
One of the best winter lure and fly for fresh and saltwater fishing. Winter fishing ether conventional or fly fishing, you want to use a slow sinking lure or fly. For lures one of the best is a Catch 2000 Jr. in black back, red and gold sides.. this lure fishes like a Cory, A Cory is good too. ,, let slow sinking an twitch slowly with pauses. Hang on the reds and trout will try to take your rod away when they hit it. This is winter fishing...slow retrieve also applies to freshwater.. With a fly rod use this fly, also a slow sinking and slow retrieve fly. The darker colors work best in winter over cast days.. and in darker water.

Good Luck!

Attachments

See less See more
#29 ·
I’m not very picky on thread. I almost always have something that’s 210 denier even if the recipe calls for 140 or thereabouts. I like flat waxed nylon, GSP, uni-thread, whatever. But, the nylon mono doesn’t grip fibers very well and that’s one thing I don’t like, plus the memory it exhibits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.