Bull reds incoming? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2020, 11:23 AM   #11
Saltwater Jack
Saltwater Jack

Saltwater Jack is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I made a run to Bolivar yesterday afternoon. I did not arrive until 4:00 or a little later. Water was high and flat. I fished the 2nd gut and caught a couple of small sharks and probs with catffish sucking the bait dry.
Close to dark, I was able to cross the gut to the third bar and make a few casts. Had a strong run but came off after about a minute. Rebaited and caught a 40"/28# Red. She had many spots on both sides of the lower tail. No other bites thereafter.
I have fished the Bolivar beach forever and have been wanting to try other areas like SLP, Galvez beachfront, Surf Side. Just can't make myself make a change. You guys have any preference on location??
Saltwater Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2020, 11:26 AM   #12
SandSquatch
Registered Users-pm+

SandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to GunnerSandSquatch has been promote to Gunner
I have had my best luck at the Pass or on Bolivar near cuts to inland bayous that hold bait. I definitely feel safer on Bolivar, and it is usually more secluded. I used to fish surfside beach a lot as well, but it can be hit or miss in my experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SandSquatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2020, 12:38 PM   #13
Saltwater Jack
Saltwater Jack

Saltwater Jack is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
My norm is to fish the surf just west of the slough (drain) at Johnson Circle. I started fishing that location when the A Frame was still there. Kind of become my location. Have fished the Water Tower at SLP but not much luck there for me. What is it like closer to the pass if you come in the road under the bridge??
Saltwater Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message