2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Sabine Lake?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  poppincork 
#1 ·
Help me out guys...Where is Sabine lake and where is the best place to launch a boat there?

#2 ·
sabine lake...

poppincork said:
Help me out guys...Where is Sabine lake and where is the best place to launch a boat there?
I can help you get over here but I'm not sure why you would be coming, LOL, it's pretty slow over here right now.

Take I10 to Winnie, in Winnie take the Pt Arthur exit (hwy 73), as your coming into Pt Arthur watch for MLK (73 actually turns into MLK right here, to stay on 73 you would have to exit at the clover leaf, don't do that!), just stay on MLK until you cross over the MLK bridge (that bridge takes you on to "pleasure island"). At the stop sign (it's a T) at the foot of the bridge, turn left, go 8 miles and you will be at the "causway bridge", don't cross the bridge, the old launch is on the left side past the store, it's soso, on the right is the newer "walter humphrey park" and there's a newer launch with better docking facilities over there.

That puts you close to the saltiest" end of the lake and close to the jetties!

Best of luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.