Baffin 4/20/20 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-20-2020, 10:17 PM   #1
oscare66
Registered Users-pm+

oscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Baffin 4/20/20

Buddy of mine called me up and asked if I wanted to join him on a trip. We loaded up on his boat and hit a community hole right off the back , being that there was a uptick of boats in the bay today and the fog early in the morning , The A community shoreline that was the closest spot where I new we could make a decent wade and take advantage of the morning top water bight. So he and his son did not plan on wading today and I couldn't help but bring my gear along with a spare set. One of my good buddy's decided to wade with me knowing that we would have a good chance of some box trout... Winds were low and it was one of those rare moments in Baffin that the water at one point looked like glass. We fished about 500 yards off the shore line with nothing to go off of but the trout slicks and some bait not much but enough to keep us there. There was a good amount of trout slick and I think the challenge was knowing where it was coming from being that the wind was almost dead. We jumped around to Alazan , Tide gauge bar, and drifted a bit of the south shoreline we ended up with about 15 keepers but only kept a 2 man limit. All but a few trout were caught on tops One knocker. I did try out a " New to me lure" witch it did have a good walk the dog action but it did not cast well . I was without a doubt casing the One Knocker about 20-25 yards further. It was a skitter V top water by Rapala. Did not like it too mushhh.... Guys if you haven’t checked out Trout Support and all they have to off your missing out. A year ago I decided to make the investment and brother did it pay off and still is today. You see what I have learned with Trout Support is that not only do fish change with each season that goes buy but trout and redfish are transitioning every day. And if you ask me if I would rather spend most of my time in a high percentage area where fish are feeding vs trying to get ahead of the learning curve every time you go out. What we as anglers need to do is flatten the curve, quit wasting your time and money hoping to catch fish vs being confident and setting yourself up for success. Side note I’m not sponsored by Trout Support, I just believe in giving credit where credit is due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oscare66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2020, 10:45 PM   #2
Davidsel47
Registered Users-pm+

Davidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to Pirate
Heck ya! sounds like you guys killed it!
Davidsel47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2020, 12:16 AM   #3
oscare66
Registered Users-pm+

oscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Riggeroscare66 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Yes sir brother!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2020, 07:43 AM   #4
Shalor96
Registered Users-pm+

Shalor96 has been promoted to the rank of BosunShalor96 has been promoted to the rank of BosunShalor96 has been promoted to the rank of BosunShalor96 has been promoted to the rank of BosunShalor96 has been promoted to the rank of BosunShalor96 has been promoted to the rank of BosunShalor96 has been promoted to the rank of BosunShalor96 has been promoted to the rank of BosunShalor96 has been promoted to the rank of BosunShalor96 has been promoted to the rank of BosunShalor96 has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
How was the water clarity in Baffin near the tide gauge and south shoreline? Looks like you guys had a good time.
Shalor96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2020, 11:03 AM   #5
Davidsel47
Registered Users-pm+

Davidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to Pirate
I think im gonna go down there for 3 or 4 days and put some safe tracks on the boat. I really like wading down there because its a lot of hard sand.
Davidsel47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2020, 11:03 AM   #6
oscare66
Registered Users-pm+

Tide gauge and south shore line had slightly visible pot holes.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:49 AM   #7
ronmexico
Registered Users-pm+

ronmexico is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
One big trout support ad 🤦‍♂️
ronmexico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2020, 03:19 PM   #8
oscare66
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmexico View Post
One big trout support ad

Not really just giving credit where credit is due. I did find fish on my own. I’m not always on the water like most or guides. So this cuts the guess work by 90% I figure it’s a small investment compared to time, boats, equipment and so on. If your always on the water and know where too look then good for you but for the rest of use that have to work a 40 hr work week TS is worth its weight in gold.