How can I become a Christian? - Page 5 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Food For the Soul
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2008, 04:01 PM   #41
fishinboone1
Registered Users-pm+

fishinboone1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinboone1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinboone1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinboone1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinboone1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinboone1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinboone1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinboone1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinboone1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinboone1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinboone1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Romans 10: 9 For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

I believe baptism is important but does not necessarily mean you have to be dunked under water. It's a process and change on the inside.

Jesus is awesome.
fishinboone1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2008, 10:38 PM   #42
Bingo
Registered Users-pm+

Bingo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
There is one thing for certain, we'll all face death as sobering as this may sound. And when we stand before God, He'll ask us one important question; "What did you do with my Son?" What will be your response? What did you do with God's 'Gift' to man-kind?

Hebrews 10:27,28 "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."

It doesn't end there....

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

But keep reading...God gives us the answer!

Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

My response to God's sobering question will be...I accepted the gift God gave to me so that I could excape the judgement for my sins. On a fishing trip back in October 1986! And I will humbly bow and say..."Thank-you Lord!
God Bless Mrs Backlasher and 'tight lines'!
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2008, 12:09 AM   #43
spannymacker
Registered Users-pm+

spannymacker has been promoted to the rank of Privateerspannymacker has been promoted to the rank of Privateerspannymacker has been promoted to the rank of Privateerspannymacker has been promoted to the rank of Privateerspannymacker has been promoted to the rank of Privateerspannymacker has been promoted to the rank of Privateerspannymacker has been promoted to the rank of Privateerspannymacker has been promoted to the rank of Privateerspannymacker has been promoted to the rank of Privateerspannymacker has been promoted to the rank of Privateerspannymacker has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I have been on 2cool now since January of this year and just noticed this thred today (to my surprise). I'm glad to see it though.

I am a Christian. I became a Christian by being taught what the Bible says about becoming a Christian. I am a strong believer in the WORD OF GOD, THE BIBLE, as being God's revelation to us. This discussion is a serious matter, as I see it, and I believe that God has given us specific instructions in HIS WORD (The BIBLE) concerning how to become a Christian and how we are to conduct ourselves in this life. God's Word is AUTHORITY!!! If we are not careful to study IT, we are destined to do and believe whatever we think is right. If we do what we think and believe what we think, we are not subjecting ourselves under God's Authority!!!!!! God is Love, yes, but He is also a God of wrath to those who are disobedient!! (just read Old Testament History in the Bible).

I believe what John 3:16, Ephesians 1:7-8, Romans 10:17, Romans 1:16, Acts 2:38, Mark 16:16, Romans 10:8-10, Romans 6:4-11, John 8:31-32 says concerning becoming and being a Christian. Please Read these passages for yourself!!! These are just a few passages I've chosen. (I can post many more if needed or desired by any of you. )

All I'm saying is, we are all accountable to adhere to what God has instructed in His Word. God gave us the Bible...it's now our responsibility to study and obey his instructions for us.

Please know that I write this out of love as one who is striving to be a good and faithful servant of the Almighty God!
spannymacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2008, 12:35 AM   #44
budana

i believe this post needs to posted at least once a month.this maybe the only time the word of GOD can be introduced into someones life .GOD bless you Ms.B.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2008, 11:54 AM   #45
The Machine
Registered Users-pm+

The Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to Pirate
He who wins souls is wise, don't remember from what scripture, probably proverbs
The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #46
The Machine
Registered Users-pm+

The Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to PirateThe Machine has been promoted to Pirate
I just clicked on this thread thinking food for the flesh, probably hungry, anyways this site keeps getting better and better all the time, we just have to take our time and search awesome, blessings too all
The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2008, 09:04 AM   #47
Mrs Backlasher
Kayak Fisher

Mrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to Pirate
Don't be caught dead - without Jesus!

Some people depart this life with no warning (explosions, car wrecks, sudden stroke/heart attack, etc.). If you die without Jesus it will be eternally too late.

I'm not trying to scare anybody. Just want to encourage you to get to know Jesus now. He's good for LIFE as well as in death. I never knew anyone who gave their life to Jesus then said I wish I had waited. But I've known lots of folks who gave their life to Jesus and said WHY did I wait all those years?! I've wasted so much time without him.

When you place your life, soul, possessions, past and future in Jesus' hands you can experience - no guilt in life and no fear in death.

Turn around. He's closer than you think.
Mrs Backlasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2008, 03:21 PM   #48
great white fisherman
Registered Users-pm+

great white fisherman has been promoted to Pirategreat white fisherman has been promoted to Pirategreat white fisherman has been promoted to Pirategreat white fisherman has been promoted to Pirategreat white fisherman has been promoted to Pirategreat white fisherman has been promoted to Pirategreat white fisherman has been promoted to Pirategreat white fisherman has been promoted to Pirategreat white fisherman has been promoted to Pirategreat white fisherman has been promoted to Pirategreat white fisherman has been promoted to Pirate
For God so loved us that he gave his own son that who ever believes in him shall not parish but have life there after. According to the bible the only way to the great fishing grounds in the sky is to accept Jesus as your personal savior. Leading a good live, doing good deeds, being a great person, coaching little league, helping people, none of that is mentioned as ways to the happy fishing grounds. You must come to know Jesus and accept him and your name will be written down in glory.

My prayer for you!

One day at a time sweet Jesus, thats all Im asking from you! Lead me each day and show me the way in all that I do.

Yesterday is gone sweet Jesus and tomorrow may never be mine, so lead me each day, show me the way, one day at a time! Amen
great white fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2008, 05:31 PM   #49
Fishman
Colossians 3

Fishman has been promoted to the rank of BosunFishman has been promoted to the rank of BosunFishman has been promoted to the rank of BosunFishman has been promoted to the rank of BosunFishman has been promoted to the rank of BosunFishman has been promoted to the rank of BosunFishman has been promoted to the rank of BosunFishman has been promoted to the rank of BosunFishman has been promoted to the rank of BosunFishman has been promoted to the rank of BosunFishman has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
John 14:6 There is only one way to the Father, through Jesus, the Son of God.

1 John 5:13 gives us the assurance of salvation..."that ye may know"...

1 John 5:10-15 gives us the supporting evedience.

Baptism is a command a born again believer should follow "after conversion" as an outward sign of our inner change. It has nothing to do with salvation. See John 14:6, John 3:16.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #50
atcfisherman
Saved by the Grace of God

atcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirate
I "played" church for a long time. Was brought up in church every Sunday mornings, Sunday nights, Wednesday nights, and every youth event. I walked the isle at age 12 and though I was a christian. However, it wasn't until I hit rock bottom in my mid 20s that I realized that I was about as much saved as a pile or rocks.

Once I realized that I needed a savior and the Holy Spirit was tugging on me, I said no more playing games. Matthew chapter 7 was an attention getter for me when I read that Christ said there will be many on that day whom I will not know because there was no truth to their relationship with Him.

With all that said, I just went to another uncles funeral and I wasn't sure he was saved. I know I have two other uncles and one aunt that have died and were not saved. To think where they are now is not an easy pill to swallow. I am thankful that my father (my hero) and my mother are both saved to the core. Also, my sister and brother are both saved as well and my wife whom is my best friend is saved too. All glory to Jesus for this. Just though I would share a little.
atcfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message