How can I become a Christian? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Food For the Soul
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2006, 11:00 AM   #11
biki1121
Texan

biki1121 has been promoted to Piratebiki1121 has been promoted to Piratebiki1121 has been promoted to Piratebiki1121 has been promoted to Piratebiki1121 has been promoted to Piratebiki1121 has been promoted to Piratebiki1121 has been promoted to Piratebiki1121 has been promoted to Piratebiki1121 has been promoted to Piratebiki1121 has been promoted to Piratebiki1121 has been promoted to Pirate
AMEN! Whether you get dunked, drizzled, slain in the spirit, or whatever..... the point is still confess with your mouth, acknowledge your sin, accept the gift of his blood, and then follow his word. I think at times too many of us get caught up in "denominational" issues and forget that my Bible tells the same truth other Bibles. The word of our Lord and his purpose remains the same.

Lord, I pray that each one that reads this message continues to grow in your loving spirit. Allow us the strength and courage to witness to others in your name. I pray that we reach the lost and help lead them to your matchless love. May we fill our churches with with new believers standing beside people that have known you for years. Let us not turn away from our witness to them because of their personal past, their addictions, or their race or nationality. We know you love every soul and cherish it greatly. Forgive us of our sins and shortcomings. In your great name we pray, Amen.
biki1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2006, 04:28 AM   #12
Sockohlay

Sockohlay is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Sockohlay is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Sockohlay is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Sockohlay is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Sockohlay is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Sockohlay is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Sockohlay is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Sockohlay is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Sockohlay is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Sockohlay is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Sockohlay is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I beleive more important than knowing how to become a Christian is knowing what to do to make heaven your home. John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
That is the ticket, being born again.
Sockohlay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2006, 11:01 PM   #13
trout250
Registered Users-pm+

trout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Pirate
Fish

one thing for sure is that we make it a lot harder than it is. GOD came to earth in the form of man in Jesus Christ, suffered like no one could ever believe, died , was buried and arose the 3rd day. Then after a while went and sat on on the right hand of GOD there to make intercession for us. All we have to do is realize that we are all sinners, open our heart up an let CHRIST come in an accept him as our own personal savior.

it is a pleasure to be able to talk to fellow christians, that do appreciate what we have. not only did GOD supply us with a savior, he gave us the best form of recreation that a person could desire-FISHIN an a wondeful place to do it .
trout250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #14
FishingFrank

FishingFrank is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)FishingFrank is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)FishingFrank is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)FishingFrank is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)FishingFrank is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)FishingFrank is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)FishingFrank is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)FishingFrank is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)FishingFrank is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)FishingFrank is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)FishingFrank is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I've read this before and it always seems refreshing,

Thank you Mrs. B.
FishingFrank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2007, 04:49 AM   #15
fishinatitsfinest

fishinatitsfinest is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinatitsfinest is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinatitsfinest is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinatitsfinest is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinatitsfinest is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinatitsfinest is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinatitsfinest is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinatitsfinest is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinatitsfinest is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinatitsfinest is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fishinatitsfinest is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Hey sock, you hit the nail on the head. Quite a few people do not know that you can be saved and be spiritually asleep. Let those who have eyes to see, see and those who have ears to hear. Life is a journey we walk out in faith, we are all works in progress. Christ's strength is made perfect in our weaknesses. If we were sinless, the He would have died in vein. I am not ashamed...and it is good to see that all of you love Him just as much as I do. You are right. You must be baptized by water, and then He will baptize you with the Holy Ghost, which is the point where the phrase"born again" comes in. God Bless and Fish on Fish lovers!
fishinatitsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2007, 11:48 PM   #16
galbayfisher
Galbayfisher

galbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
On the question of suffering..

We don't have to look for it, it will eventually come to all of us. It's how we use it and approach it. Food for thought from the letters of St Paul...

Romans 8

16 The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
17 and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if only we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him.
18 I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us.

Along with....

Colossians 1

24 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ on behalf of his body, which is the church,

These passages in Holy Scripture are reconcilable.

God Bless.
galbayfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2007, 05:57 PM   #17
fisherman's son

fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)fisherman's son is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I was baptized. That is how I became a christian. I let god into my heart and asked him for forgiveness and got baptized. It wsa a magical experience.
fisherman's son is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2007, 01:55 PM   #18
Mrs Backlasher
Kayak Fisher

Mrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherman's son
I was baptized. That is how I became a christian. I let god into my heart and asked him for forgiveness and got baptized. It wsa a magical experience.
Just to clarify for some who may not fully understand - being baptized does not make a person a Christian. A person becomes a Christian, then is baptized to identify with Jesus in his burial and resurrection. It is a testimony to all people who are present that this person is burying the old life and has risen from the water to walk a new kind of life, a life of faith in Jesus.

#1 "I let God into my heart [opened the door to Jesus, responded to the leading of the Spirit of God, basically saying "yes" to God]

#2 "and asked him for forgiveness [recognized that I'm a sinner in need of forgiveness and that only Jesus can give me the forgiveness I need]

#3 "and got baptized." This is the FIRST step of obedience to what God asks us to do as a Christian. It demonstrates the death of the old life and the beginning of a new life of faith.

God bless you, sir! Thank you for giving us your testimony. I hope you don't mind my elaborating on it. And some folks DO have a more spiritual experience during their baptism than in their repentance and confession of sin. That seems to be the case in your experience. - Mrs. B
Mrs Backlasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2007, 11:34 AM   #19
David Ivanhoe
Registered Users-pm+

David Ivanhoe has been promoted to the rank of RiggerDavid Ivanhoe has been promoted to the rank of RiggerDavid Ivanhoe has been promoted to the rank of RiggerDavid Ivanhoe has been promoted to the rank of RiggerDavid Ivanhoe has been promoted to the rank of RiggerDavid Ivanhoe has been promoted to the rank of RiggerDavid Ivanhoe has been promoted to the rank of RiggerDavid Ivanhoe has been promoted to the rank of RiggerDavid Ivanhoe has been promoted to the rank of RiggerDavid Ivanhoe has been promoted to the rank of RiggerDavid Ivanhoe has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
There is only one way to come into contact with Christ's Blood. thru' baptism. Acts 2:38. baptism for the forgiveness of sin. Romans chapter 6...baptism is like a death, burial and resurrection. We arise to walk in newness of life. Thru out Acts....each example shows how folks joined Christ's church thru baptism.

a great example is Phillip and the eunuch. After Phillip explained to the eunuch about Christ ..the Eunuch asked what to do..he was told by Phillip.
He said look here is water...they both went DOWN into the water. Phillip didn't say, "just let Jesus come into your heart and you're fine"....don't wait a second is what the eunuch got from the message. Phillip didn't say, "let me get a cup for some sprinklin' water".. They both went down into the water.

Romans book rests on pillars of strength... Romans 1:5 and 16:26
obedient faith takes us thru this process of baptism. You must believe, have faith, repent....confess....but this obedient faith takes you straight to Baptism to remit your sins. then you're cleansed daily by this grace and blood. I John 1:7 (as long as we don't continue to willfully sin)
You must look at the whole picture. If the word, says believe....He's saying so in the mode of "synecti", part of a whole. you must believe which is a part of this whole process.
Yes, God is love. But God hasn't changed from the old Testament.
You believe there is a Heaven you must believe in Hell. And God is a just God.
The wrong fire in the OT brought a bad scene...so we must follow what he says in his love letter to us (the Bible)
And yes, we must strive daily not to fall away. Galatians 1: 6...actually Paul addresses this in the first 5 Chapters of Galatians.,,,
God bless those searching for the TRUTH. ACTS shows how you become a Christian...and Paul's letters show us how to stay there in the Light !!
Best Regards
David Ivanhoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2007, 09:49 PM   #20
Mrs Backlasher
Kayak Fisher

Mrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to Pirate
Thank you for your comments, David.

Everyone who believes in Jesus also should be baptized. We should do it because Jesus commanded us to be baptized, and we want to obey him. People who do not believe in Jesus usually do not want to obey him. Jesus is able to lead his followers, and he knows those who belong to him.

I prefer not to debate these issues in the presence of unbelievers. I started this thread expressly for those who are unbelievers who are seeking information about coming to faith in Jesus.

It is my hope that having believed in the free gift of salvation that Jesus offers, they will be drawn to gather with other believers who will help instruct them in the way of God and His Word.
Mrs Backlasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message