Buckwheat Roux - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-08-2017, 11:52 AM   #1
Gottagofishin
Roll Tide!

Gottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to Pirate
Buckwheat Roux

Anyone tried this for gumbo? I'm on a diet that doesn't include anything made with white or wheat flour, but buckwheat flour is fine.

I have a hankering for some gumbo and the roux is the part I can't have, but it's what makes gumbo gumbo.

Thanks in advance.
Gottagofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2017, 12:08 PM   #2
Bad Bullet Bob
Registered Users-pm+

Bad Bullet Bob has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Bad Bullet Bob has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Bad Bullet Bob has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Bad Bullet Bob has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Bad Bullet Bob has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Bad Bullet Bob has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Bad Bullet Bob has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Bad Bullet Bob has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Bad Bullet Bob has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Bad Bullet Bob has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Bad Bullet Bob has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
My wife used brown rice flower. I could not tell nothers tell the difference. The wife is gluten-free.
Bad Bullet Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017, 12:09 PM   #3
Haute Pursuit
Give it hell Remy!

Haute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to Pirate
Why not use rice flour and butter? My wife went on a gluten war for awhile and that's what I used for making gravy. Google "gluten free gravy".
Haute Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2017, 12:48 PM   #4
Gottagofishin
Roll Tide!

Gottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to Pirate
It's not gluten free per se. It's about the hypoglycemic index of the ingredient. Rice should work though.

Thanks.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:12 PM   #5
Haute Pursuit
Give it hell Remy!

Haute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottagofishin View Post
It's not gluten free per se. It's about the hypoglycemic index of the ingredient. Rice should work though.

Thanks.
Hypogly.... whaaat??... I almost ckoked on my double cheeseburger.
Haute Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017, 01:39 PM   #6
Gottagofishin
Roll Tide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Pursuit View Post
Hypogly.... whaaat??... I almost ckoked on my double cheeseburger.
Should be glycemic index. Hypoglycemia is the problem.

I really miss Cheeseburgers, and beer, and bourbon, and wine, and it's only been a week. But I've lost 7lbs, and I have to admit that I feel a lot better just by changing my diet. I didn't realize how crappy I felt.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:48 PM   #7
buckweet
Registered Users-pm+

buckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Pirate
Buck what?!!!!!!

What you talking about goTogo...........
buckweet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017, 03:01 PM   #8
sea sick
Make blood !!!

sea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Pirate
Reminds me of the Ron White skit...

Your body's kickin back beef broth?????

Little exercise with your diet change will have you feelin good again...keep it up!
sea sick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017, 04:49 PM   #9
Bayoutalker
Registered Users-pm+

Bayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to Pirate
My wife makes her chicken and sausage gumbo without a roux and it doesn't need it. Just brown the "trinity" well and that will give you the color.

Cliff
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017, 09:10 PM   #10
Backcast
Registered Users-pm+

Backcast has been promoted to PirateBackcast has been promoted to PirateBackcast has been promoted to PirateBackcast has been promoted to PirateBackcast has been promoted to PirateBackcast has been promoted to PirateBackcast has been promoted to PirateBackcast has been promoted to PirateBackcast has been promoted to PirateBackcast has been promoted to PirateBackcast has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottagofishin View Post
Anyone tried this for gumbo? I'm on a diet that doesn't include anything made with white or wheat flour, but buckwheat flour is fine.

I have a hankering for some gumbo and the roux is the part I can't have, but it's what makes gumbo gumbo.

Thanks in advance.
Wife is gluten free. She mentioned might try sorghum flour.

Joe
Backcast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message