Shotgun (long gun) Regulations - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-11-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
Supergas

Supergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to Pirate
Texasflag4 Shotgun (long gun) Regulations

Well, I read all the comments about carrying a gun on a boat along with all the comments regarding carrying a shotgun, so I tried to look up any & all info on the web.

The end results of my research is this:

A. CHL (CCW) regulations do not have any effect on the carrying of a long gun.

B. There are no restriction in the State of Texas regarding the carrying of a long gun.

C. TPWD has no comment on the carrying of long guns.

Now if someone can give me detailed information on where to find the "law" or "regulation" that prohibits the carrying of a shotgun (long gun) or that it is against the law to carry a loaded shotgun in your vehicle or boat, I would be appreciative.

I do not care about someone's opinion, I am looking for the "LAW" that regulates the carrying of a loaded shotgun.

So far I can find none except the statement "The State of Texas makes no restriction on long guns"

Thanks,

Supergas
Supergas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
fishrmn27
Yellow Mouth Assassin

fishrmn27 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterfishrmn27 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterfishrmn27 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterfishrmn27 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterfishrmn27 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterfishrmn27 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterfishrmn27 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterfishrmn27 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterfishrmn27 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterfishrmn27 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterfishrmn27 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
Supergas,
I think this will be a lonely post due to the fact that there is not a law governing a long gun in the state of Texas. I agree with your findings sir. If you got it and want to carry it do so.
fishrmn27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
grayfish
Registered Somewhere

grayfish has been promoted to Pirategrayfish has been promoted to Pirategrayfish has been promoted to Pirategrayfish has been promoted to Pirategrayfish has been promoted to Pirategrayfish has been promoted to Pirategrayfish has been promoted to Pirategrayfish has been promoted to Pirategrayfish has been promoted to Pirategrayfish has been promoted to Pirategrayfish has been promoted to Pirate
I think that other than size that makes them legal or not. And how they are used in hunting, you will find that the law is mute on rifles and shotguns. When we were kids most of my neighbors that had a pick-up also had a gun rack with a least one long gun in it, always. Since you mentioned boating, you may want to check into federal law if you plan on being in federal waters.
grayfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
RockportRobert
Registered Users-pm+

RockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to Pirate
Barrel length of not less than 18" and overall length of greather than 26" to be legal. May be other restrictions that I am not aware of.
RockportRobert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
Supergas

Supergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to Pirate
18 & 26 are correct...

The barrel length & OAL are under the "Illegal Weapon" section..

Still have not seen any restrictions on carrying a loaded "Legal" shotgun

Thanks,

SG
Supergas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2008, 04:46 PM   #6
Hooked Up
Old School 2cool

Hooked Up has been promoted to PirateHooked Up has been promoted to PirateHooked Up has been promoted to PirateHooked Up has been promoted to PirateHooked Up has been promoted to PirateHooked Up has been promoted to PirateHooked Up has been promoted to PirateHooked Up has been promoted to PirateHooked Up has been promoted to PirateHooked Up has been promoted to PirateHooked Up has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
I am looking for the "LAW" that regulates the carrying of a loaded shotgun
It does NOT exist. Plain and simple "fact". "Carry" on (and responsibly) H/U
Hooked Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2008, 07:48 PM   #7
Reel-tor
Registered Users-pm+

Reel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to PirateReel-tor has been promoted to Pirate
The City of Houston (and perhaps some other cities) has a law against "Rudely Displaying a Firearm" which DOES include rifles and shotguns. Now, what's a "rude" display? I'm not sure but perhaps it's in the eyes of the arresting officer and then the judge. "You might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride".
Reel-tor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #8
railman
Registered Users-pm+

railman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel-tor
The City of Houston (and perhaps some other cities) has a law against "Rudely Displaying a Firearm" which DOES include rifles and shotguns. Now, what's a "rude" display? I'm not sure but perhaps it's in the eyes of the arresting officer and then the judge. "You might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride".
Quanell X and his band of thugs used to carry all sorts of weapons in their marches but I don't know if he still does.Maybe that law applies.
railman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message