Do You Know your Sea Tow ID Number? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 08-11-2019, 06:42 PM   #1
ColeS
Registered Users-pm+

ColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to Pirate
Do You Know your Sea Tow ID Number?

I was acting as a radio relay yesterday between the Coast Guard and a disabled boat, "Comfortably Numb", who was stranded and asking for them to call Sea Tow. Coasties did so, and said Sea Tow needed the policy number before they would dispatch a tow. Of course the guy didn't have it on him (I wouldn't have either). He asked if Sea Tow could look up his policy by his name, and this set off an extensive inquiry from Sea Tow, by way of the Coast guard, as Sea Tow wanted full name, drivers license number, number of male children, etc etc. They were eventually able to talk directly without my help and, as I made the pass in Sargent they were still dithering with no tow as yet dispatched as far as I could tell.

The disabled boat was tied off to a shrimper, so there was no apparent life threatening emergency. But still, what a hassle.

Comfortably Numb, if you are on this board, I hope you got home without any further delay. As for me, I've just looked up my Boat US ID number and will have it posted next to the VHF radio in my boat.

Cole
ColeS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019, 06:47 PM   #2
boom!
Registered Users-pm+

boom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirate
Dang, seems like a vessel name and owners name would do.
boom! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 07:24 PM   #3
Texashookset
second to the last....

Texashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to PirateTexashookset has been promoted to Pirate
The card stays in my wallet next to my combo license.
Texashookset is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019, 09:46 PM   #4
blaze 'em
Registered Users-pm+

blaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirate
Nothing says piece of mind like having to dig up a policy number while out on the water in a situation that has already warranted a call for assistance before they will even think about coming to help...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
blaze 'em is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2019, 09:07 AM   #5
SaltwaterTom
Fat Hookers Fishing Team

SaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to Pirate

This is on my phone from towboat US, they also sell me little tags that I have on each of my key rings, and a plastic ID card that stays in my wallet. Does Sea Tow send all of that out to their subscribers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SaltwaterTom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2019, 11:53 AM   #6
Westtexan1
Registered Users-pm+

Westtexan1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I get towing insurance thru Geico. I have my Geico policy# on board as well as a 1-800 the CG can call to get a tow thru Geico's 24hr tow assistance. My insurance reimburses me if it is not Towboat USA therefore I need to have a credit card # to give CG if Towboat USA doesn't serve where I'm stranded. Had a buddy get stranded at the landcut and they would not dispatch a tow boat without a credit card # and he didn't have his # on him. CG called his wife and got payment. It was lots of $$$.

Also have preset message on my Garmin Inreach that goes out to about 6 different people that has policy # and tow assistance # imbedded in message. Message also automatically sends my location at time sent.
Westtexan1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2019, 11:25 PM   #7
bmc4041
Registered Users-pm+

bmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Pirate
Do You Know your Sea Tow ID Number?

I have a sticker sea tow sent me that I stuck inside my electrics box on my t-top. It has my account number and their phone number.

I also downloaded the app and added it my apple wallet.
bmc4041 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 06:18 AM   #8
RobATX
Registered Users-pm+

RobATX has been promoted to PirateRobATX has been promoted to PirateRobATX has been promoted to PirateRobATX has been promoted to PirateRobATX has been promoted to PirateRobATX has been promoted to PirateRobATX has been promoted to PirateRobATX has been promoted to PirateRobATX has been promoted to PirateRobATX has been promoted to PirateRobATX has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westtexan1 View Post
I get towing insurance thru Geico. I have my Geico policy# on board as well as a 1-800 the CG can call to get a tow thru Geico's 24hr tow assistance. My insurance reimburses me if it is not Towboat USA therefore I need to have a credit card # to give CG if Towboat USA doesn't serve where I'm stranded. Had a buddy get stranded at the landcut and they would not dispatch a tow boat without a credit card # and he didn't have his # on him. CG called his wife and got payment. It was lots of $$$.

Also have preset message on my Garmin Inreach that goes out to about 6 different people that has policy # and tow assistance # imbedded in message. Message also automatically sends my location at time sent.
Just a head's up... I had boat insurance through Geico for 4 years... my rates kept going up and up. This last policy renewal I finally had it with them when I calculated that I am literally paying double what my rates were three years ago. I called Charter Lakes, and got a better policy for less than half the price.

Don't mean to thread hijack, but I figured it's information worth knowing.

To the OP - just curious, how far out were you guys?
RobATX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 11:07 AM   #9
ColeS
Registered Users-pm+

ColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to PirateColeS has been promoted to Pirate
I was 25 miles from Mitchell’s Cut in Sargent, running for home, when the calls began coming in.
ColeS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2019, 04:56 AM   #10
Capt. Billy

Capt. Billy has been promoted to PirateCapt. Billy has been promoted to PirateCapt. Billy has been promoted to PirateCapt. Billy has been promoted to PirateCapt. Billy has been promoted to PirateCapt. Billy has been promoted to PirateCapt. Billy has been promoted to PirateCapt. Billy has been promoted to PirateCapt. Billy has been promoted to PirateCapt. Billy has been promoted to PirateCapt. Billy has been promoted to Pirate
Just seeing this but that call for service wasn’t Sea Tow. We can find a members info pretty easy with just a name. Sometimes if there’s a problem with spelling or wrong vessel our office can handle it with someone ashore while a boat is underway. Most of the time people mix up Sea Tow and BoatUS. Give us a call if you need help looking up your number. If you have insurance rider for towing you will need a credit card preauthorized before the boat departs and you deal with your insurance later. Call if need any info on this too as every insurance company handles things differently. Thanks and remember we give 2coolers a discount for membership.
www.seatow.com
Capt. Billy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message