Sargent Surf - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2020, 03:08 PM   #1
surflos7
Registered Users-pm+

surflos7 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Sargent Surf

I’m planning a trip to the Sargent surf soon. I’ve never been there, but I’ll just follow google maps. I think I’ll go left once I cross the bridge. Does anyone know if I can drive to the cut ? Will I need a parking pass ? Any favorite areas I should try ? Thanks in advance.
surflos7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2020, 03:38 PM   #2
bearwhiz
Registered Users-pm+

bearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Piratebearwhiz has been promoted to Pirate
You will need a Beach permit. You can get one at the Texaco station in Sargent.
You can usually drive all the way to Cedar Cut if the tides are cooperating.
bearwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2020, 04:15 PM   #3
surflos7
Registered Users-pm+

Ok. Thanks. I’ve seen some rocks on some videos. I’ll. Try fishing there first on my way to the cut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2020, 09:06 PM   #4
Brady
Registered Users-pm+

Brady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to Pirate
The cut is almost gone.

It barely has any flow now.
Brady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2020, 10:06 AM   #5
surflos7
Registered Users-pm+

I had always heard the fishing was good down there. Has that changed ?
Old 05-21-2020, 08:24 PM   #6
Brady
Registered Users-pm+

Brady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to PirateBrady has been promoted to Pirate
It is good when the water gets right.

However the surf around Sargent is inconsistent and undependable. It is more difficult for the the water to turn green.

The most dependable stretch of surf is from San Luis Pass to Surfside.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:47 AM   #7
surflos7
Registered Users-pm+

I wanted to set out mullet on long rods and try to catch redfish. I think I'll go ahead and give Sargent a try. Thanks
Old 05-22-2020, 10:18 AM   #8
HoustonKid
All my friends say.....

HoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to Pirate
How deep is the cut? I was down there a few weeks ago before the really high tides came in. It was not very wide, maybe 30-40 feet across. I did not get out to check the depth, but it looked like you could drive across it if the water did not get too deep.
HoustonKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2020, 02:59 PM   #9
Brady
Registered Users-pm+

I wouldn't try it.

I did see a blue heron wading in it so it can't be too deep.

But if you hit a soft spot or if it is deeper than what I observed that would be a problem