2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Different options of Diamond Jig Rigs and Hooks....

9K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  hog 
#1 · (Edited)
Throw'd this together for a thread on the Bluewater board. Thought I'd post over here in the jigg'n section just to get something new go'n.

I love diamond jigs. I tinker with'm all the time, always trying this or that. Plain and simple... THEIR OLDER THAN OLD SCHOOL and the still catch the #$%^% out of fish :cheers: I have and use lots of kinds, colors and Styles of jigs, knife, slow pitch, nagamasa, braid, shimano, hooker, river to sea, cape may, Lucanis, Snapper Slappers, Raki, etc... Heck, i try'm and buy'm all, but I can GUARANTEE YOU, Im gonna be dropp'n a diamond jig if given the chance at some point in the day.

If I had to choose one jig to go on a survival outing with offshore, the jig would be a hammered gold diamond, It can catch pretty much anything that swims and eats. Ive brought some HUGGGGGE Sharks to the boat on diamond jigs... never care if I catch another one lol...

Here are a few of my Diamond jig inventions, concoctions from recent and time past

#2 · (Edited)
My Wife thinkings I have this Disease :)

Vertebrate Human body Jaw Water Organism

Floating assist hooks I make. They have a small cork in their head... work great as a flat fall and float up when bouncing on the bottom.... Remember, if you cant feel the bottom bounce, your probably not gonna catch nothin.

Gesture Feather Pink Magenta Font

A new Load, your gonna need'm, your gonna hang up and loose a bunch or all the sparkle will get knocked off from all the Fish Teeth...

Font Art Magenta Electric blue Circle

Light Drinkware Table Cup Material property

Finger Nail Gesture Thumb Close-up

Food Kitchen utensil Plastic wrap Rectangle Comfort food

New load Arrived
Light Rectangle Font Marine invertebrates Terrestrial plant

Awesome Little Jig!!! works great for tuna jigg'n also..
Hand Fish Finger Nail Bait

#4 ·
Great post Hog! I'll be using some of your ideas in the FL Keys this winter.

The sharks have gotten really thick on some of my favorite deep water wrecks, but I enjoy jigging too much to give it up. I may have up my line # test to try to get fish in faster, before the sharks get them.

I sure wish that we could send most of our sharks to where ever they are so scarce. I'm sick of em.

#6 ·
LoL.
I just love it.... but, mr. Miles, your a jig master yourself young man :wink:

heres a Jigg'n blast from the past... about 10 years ago... It was a Great Spring Day to be on the Water...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.