older curados vs new lews - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Reel repair, maintenance, and upgrade forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2019, 11:43 PM   #21
FloridaFishinFool
Registered Users-pm+

FloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
Just like the Shimano better.
I work at a warranty repair facility for shimano, Daiwa, and other brands including Lew's.

I have worked on reels now for more than 30 plus years. I won't own a Lew's either. Won't touch a Daiwa as well.

No one makes them like Shimano!
FloridaFishinFool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2019, 06:39 AM   #22
bubbas kenner
Gods blessings surround us.

bubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Friendswood View Post
Even the very best Lews do not compare with Shimano. Initially they are great and with proper care they will work fine for a while, but at some point you will need a part. At that point it becomes a **** shoot. I used to work on them, but I wont take them any more because availability of parts is so sketchy.
Exactly
Attached Images

bubbas kenner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #23
Dipsay
Registered Users-pm+

Dipsay has been promoted to PirateDipsay has been promoted to PirateDipsay has been promoted to PirateDipsay has been promoted to PirateDipsay has been promoted to PirateDipsay has been promoted to PirateDipsay has been promoted to PirateDipsay has been promoted to PirateDipsay has been promoted to PirateDipsay has been promoted to PirateDipsay has been promoted to Pirate
This right here is the MECA of Shimano Addiction lol
Dipsay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2019, 08:06 AM   #24
ShoalTower
Registered Users-pm+

ShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to PirateShoalTower has been promoted to Pirate
I think u cant go wrong with either reel honestly. Im pretty sure 80 percent of people my age grew up on shimanos. I loved my 200e7 but once my dad let me use his lews years ago I made the switch. they just fit better in my hand and are much lighter. I still have the og lews inshore and a lews lite. Iv had them for years. fish on the weekends. iv had that inshore since they first came out with them 6 years ago? and I recently replaced the bearings from my lite and put hedgehog studios in my lite. other than Iv done nothing but use them and clean them. same drag washers. same anti reverse bearings.
ShoalTower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2019, 04:06 PM   #25
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
good to see all is good on 2C. I loved the old greenies and still use a superfree. I am not sure the Shimanos series were that good for several series after the old greenies. The newer one may be now but I have some Lews that work well so far.
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2019, 08:03 PM   #26
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Lews for sure.. Had two of the E7's, sold them a few months later. Instead opted for the Lews Lite.

I haven't had good luck with Shimano in general though. I had bought a brand new Curado 70HG and got rid of that hunk pretty quick. Didn't take it long for it to start making noise. Got the Concept A in it's place and no regrets.

I also had a Curado K and took it back a day later. Felt like *** out of the box no matter what I did to it.

Not Shimano, but I had bought a brand new Abu Garcia Revo ALX for $260. Felt like a great reel out of the box, super light and smooth. That **** went back to Academy the next day after a trip. Not only could I not get it dialed in right, but it didn't take it look to start making noise and squealing. Took it back and got a second Concept C. No regrets.

So as of now, all of my reels are 13 Fishing aside from the one Lews Lite and none of them have yet to give me any issues or reason to get rid of them. It's just funny that 13 is the company that seems to get made fun of a lot, but it's the only brand of reels I have yet to have any issue out of.

I think Shimano appears to have been a top dog when they were built with quality in Japan, but the new ones (even from die-hard shimano fans) aren't the same.
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message