Vinyl plank flooring - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > DIY (Do it yourself) forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2019, 06:00 PM   #11
winmck
Registered Users-pm+

winmck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)winmck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)winmck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)winmck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)winmck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)winmck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)winmck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)winmck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)winmck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)winmck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)winmck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
I installed it in 3 rooms this year and really like it. It looks just like wood. I went with a floating plank because I’m ademently against glue on concrete.
Attached Images

winmck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2019, 06:05 PM   #12
Gatorgar
Registered Users-pm+

Gatorgar has been promoted to the rank of RiggerGatorgar has been promoted to the rank of RiggerGatorgar has been promoted to the rank of RiggerGatorgar has been promoted to the rank of RiggerGatorgar has been promoted to the rank of RiggerGatorgar has been promoted to the rank of RiggerGatorgar has been promoted to the rank of RiggerGatorgar has been promoted to the rank of RiggerGatorgar has been promoted to the rank of RiggerGatorgar has been promoted to the rank of RiggerGatorgar has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
I had my share

I have installed a few different brands.
Life Proof at HD is the easiest and mosy scratch resistant imo
I installed about 1200 sqft in about
A day and a half and its good stuff.
Had it down for about 8 months now.
No complaints.
But if you have uneven floors any of it can be a pain to get to fully seat together.
Get the tool
Watch the video
Take 30 minutes to go thru a little trile and error.
You will be satisfied with the results
Gatorgar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2019, 08:13 PM   #13
jr22dad
Registered Users-pm+

jr22dad has been promoted to Piratejr22dad has been promoted to Piratejr22dad has been promoted to Piratejr22dad has been promoted to Piratejr22dad has been promoted to Piratejr22dad has been promoted to Piratejr22dad has been promoted to Piratejr22dad has been promoted to Piratejr22dad has been promoted to Piratejr22dad has been promoted to Piratejr22dad has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmck View Post
I installed it in 3 rooms this year and really like it. It looks just like wood. I went with a floating plank because I’m ademently against glue on concrete.
I did this also with some from floor and decor. I am by no means a handy person with tools or building stuff. I tackled the project and it was really quite easy. Looks great, water proof, lab proof. I did not glue it down. It wasn't made to be and I didn't want to mess with it. Very happy we did it.
jr22dad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2019, 07:40 AM   #14
daddyeaux
Cajun 2 da Bone

daddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Pirate
The free floating floors are very popular and easy to install. Plus if you have to make a repair it comes apart easily. If your slab is uneven be sure and use some type of floor prep to level it out. Ardex Feather Finish and Uzin make great products for this. If you want to get really accurate with the slab, they both make a self leveling prep you can pour on and it will totally level the slab.
daddyeaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2019, 07:53 AM   #15
RB II
Native Texan

RB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyeaux View Post
Armstrong, Amtico, Mannington, Parterre, Centiva, Mohawk
In your experience, which line out of these mfgrs looks most like real wood?
Thanks
RB II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2019, 10:26 AM   #16
daddyeaux
Cajun 2 da Bone

daddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Piratedaddyeaux has been promoted to Pirate
Question for you. Are you wanting a vinyl plank that glues directly to the slab or one of the free floating planks? Some advantages to the free floating are, non permanent installation and cushion backings for a more comfortable feel and sound reduction.
I wish I could answer that question right now, but we are remodeling our showroom and all of our sample books, every product we carry, has been packed away in a warehouse until the construction is complete.
You can go online to these manufacturers websites and see their products and read the specs.
Some of these have embossing in them like woodgrain, some look like hand scrapped planks. They come in all different widths too.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:30 AM   #17
Profish00
Gone Fishing

Profish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to Pirate
Were going with this, pics in a few weeks.

https://www.flooranddecor.com/nucore...proof&start=10
Features & Benefits

6.5mm NuCore® Ombre Gray Rigid Core Luxury Vinyl Plank - Cork Back looks and feels like wood and tile, but can be installed where real wood cannot. With quick and easy installation, it’s the perfect flooring option for any room! Even better, the anti-microbial coating on each plank makes it resistant to staining or odors caused by mold or mildew. With a lifetime residential/ 15 year commercial warranty, it’s sure to be a long-lasting flooring option for any space.

• 100% waterproof—Install it in virtually any room in the home (kitchens, full bathrooms, and basements).
• Install up to 6,400 square feet—No need for transition molding
• You can install it right away—Pre-installation acclimation is unnecessary.
• Pre-attached hypoallergenic natural cork underlayment for a quieter, warmerfloor.
• Anti-microbial coating on top is naturally resistant to staining and odor-causing mold and mildew.
• Features a floating angle-and-tap installation method. No glue, nails, or underlayment required.
• Can be installed over most existing hard-surface flooring.

Products with a pre-attached underlayment backing could develop issues from the installation if additional underlayment is used during the install, other than a vapor barrier. Consult an in-store associate or contractor for more information.
Profish00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2019, 01:07 PM   #18
daddyeaux
Cajun 2 da Bone

Two things you want to find out before you purchase. Where is it made and what thickness is the wear layer. In commercial we never use anything less than a 20 mil wear layer. Definitely do not go below 12 mil on the wear layer.
I would not buy any products coming from China.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:46 PM   #19
Astro#2
Registered Users-pm+

Astro#2 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I would recommend the floating style over the stick down.
Astro#2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 07:12 PM   #20
rancher
Registered Users-pm+

rancher has been promoted to Piraterancher has been promoted to Piraterancher has been promoted to Piraterancher has been promoted to Piraterancher has been promoted to Piraterancher has been promoted to Piraterancher has been promoted to Piraterancher has been promoted to Piraterancher has been promoted to Piraterancher has been promoted to Piraterancher has been promoted to Pirate
I have 2000 sq. ft. of tile. Can I go directly over the tile with a floating floor. Wanting that hand scraped wood look.
rancher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message