Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > The Catfish Lounge
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2019, 04:36 PM   #1
Sickgum
Registered Users-pm+

Sickgum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Lake Conroe Help

I have a few extra days off next week was thinking about fishing Lake Conroe. I have a few questions:
1 What areas of the lake should I be targeting?
2 Which boat ramp does everyone recommend?
3 Any unusual hazards about the lake I need to be on the lookout for?

I dont know anything about Lake Conroe so any information would be useful. Thanks
Sickgum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2019, 08:42 PM   #2
Specktackulure
Registered Users-pm+

Specktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to GunnerSpecktackulure has been promote to Gunner
1. 1097 bridge pilings
2. 830 launch
3. Craziness of Memorial Day Weekend
Specktackulure is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2019, 08:24 AM   #3
phishtales
Registered Users-pm+

phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
stump fields

I believe the stump fields are primarily north of the 1097 bridge. Areas near the dam are roped off. Not sure what other hazards would be aside from Jet skis and drunks. Watch depths close to the bulkheads. The depth can go from 12 to 3 in seconds in some areas. Not dangerous if you exercise some caution.
phishtales is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2019, 09:59 AM   #4
Reefmaster
Registered Users-pm+

Reefmaster has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReefmaster has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReefmaster has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReefmaster has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReefmaster has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReefmaster has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReefmaster has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReefmaster has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReefmaster has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReefmaster has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReefmaster has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Gonna be windy ,fish close to a launch . Launches will be crowded so be patient. Punch bait this time of year for channel cats or fresh shad. Bite seems to really low down on the bulkheads around 11:00 or so. 5 mph under bridges Sherriff will be out in force.
Reefmaster is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2019, 10:01 AM   #5
Sickgum
Registered Users-pm+

Sickgum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Thanks for the heads up.
I don't fish on the weekends anymore, seems when most of the idiots come out. The old I get the slower I go, dont like replacing lower unit if I can avoid it.
Sickgum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2019, 05:26 PM   #6
DoveBucket
Registered Users-pm+

DoveBucket is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I’d book a trip with a guide. Richard Tatsch is a good one!
DoveBucket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 02:20 PM   #7
BobBobber
BobBobber

BobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmaster View Post
Gonna be windy ,fish close to a launch . Launches will be crowded so be patient. Punch bait this time of year for channel cats or fresh shad. Bite seems to really low down on the bulkheads around 11:00 or so. 5 mph under bridges Sherriff will be out in force.
If you see boats at 5mp or law around, call local newspapers and TV stations to give that front page coverage. I fished under bridge many times rocked by speeders.

Stumps everywhere even if supposedly clear zone. But you can get along if you're not in a hurry.

Last edited by BobBobber; 06-09-2019 at 02:22 PM. Reason: add
BobBobber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message