Black Panther in East TX - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Hunting Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
Tx_Biologist
Registered Users-pm+

Tx_Biologist has been promoted to PirateTx_Biologist has been promoted to PirateTx_Biologist has been promoted to PirateTx_Biologist has been promoted to PirateTx_Biologist has been promoted to PirateTx_Biologist has been promoted to PirateTx_Biologist has been promoted to PirateTx_Biologist has been promoted to PirateTx_Biologist has been promoted to PirateTx_Biologist has been promoted to PirateTx_Biologist has been promoted to Pirate
Need pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of the cat not the political party.

Lots of talk but no proof EVER.
Tx_Biologist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #12
spurgersalty
Solidarity for what????

spurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx_Biologist View Post
Need pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of the cat not the political party.

Lots of talk but no proof EVER.
I think you're being awfully generous with that statement
And I'm glad you specified, as I have some killer footage
spurgersalty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #13
AvianQuest
Theoretical Ecologist

AvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to Pirate
Lots of reports are coming in from Waller County of horses been clawed up and lots of pets disappearing. There's a professional trapper that was called in and he believes, from the evidence, that it's a black jaguar.

Before you laugh, nearly all of Texas was once jaguar range before they were killed off by cattle ranchers and professional hunters. Jaguars have a very large range and often travel hundreds of miles because of habitat destruction and fragmentation.

I've been in prime Jaguar habitat (Belize, Guatemala, Mexico, etc.) and have seen plenty of spotted jaguars but have only caught fleeting glimpse of the black ones. They are masters of stealth and could well be here in many areas without ever being seen.
AvianQuest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #14
AvianQuest
Theoretical Ecologist

AvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to Pirate
News Report...

HOUSTON (FOX 26) -

The cell phone pictures are blurry.. But to professional wildlife tracker and trapped Jerry Hunt it's pretty clear this is no house cat.

"I think it's a black jaguar. They are coming from Mexico. Arizona has nine of them radio collared right now." Says Jerry Hunt.

He says they are native to Texas, but the last time one was bagged here was in 1932. They are the third largest species of cat behind lion and tiger..

Hunt has spent a lifetime in the woods tracking big cats. Farmer and ranchers pay him to trap and either kill or relocate predators.. When we showed you the pictures of a horse that had been mauled two weeks ago, his Facebook page lit up with comments..

He says there has been an uptick in the number of big cat attacks on livestock for a number of reasons. "We are encroaching in their neighborhood. We've been in a drought. the deep population has gone down a little bit which is their natural prey so they're are coming after whatever they can get right now."

The big cats have big territories too. They expand them in tough times. Here's what he finds so worrisome about these pictures. That they exist at all.

"They love to be hidden.. The Native Americans called them ghost cats. And if you they want to see them they you are in their territory.

He has only seen one in all his years of being in the woods.. This is considered the first level of aggression from these animals... a warning.. a warning only fools would choose to ignore...

"Somebody's going to get hurt. I just hope it's not a child."

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/23...#ixzz2hl0IW7jZ
AvianQuest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #15
jimk
Wherever you are....BLOOM!

jimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Piratejimk has been promoted to Pirate
Just to stir the pot a little...here's a few pictures.
Attached Images

jimk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2013, 08:32 AM   #16
Poon Chaser
DOINK

Poon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to Pirate
Check this out... Off a game cam is south Texas. I hunt in Shelby county near Center in E Tx and they alsways talk about a big cat running around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Attached Images

Poon Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2013, 08:32 AM   #17
Part Timer
Registered Users-pm+

Part Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to PiratePart Timer has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwater Boy(1) View Post
Godwin sayin Raaare never getd old lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Part Timer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #18
Poon Chaser
DOINK

Poon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Part Timer View Post
Godwin sayin Raaare never getd old lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Diiiiizzzy darts
Poon Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #19
southpaw
Microskiff Mafia

southpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Pirate
I believe it. I've posted it here before, but I've got a buddy who has a resident black panther on his land. I know they're supposed to be nomadic and have a huge range, but I've seen that black cat twice now. They have a large plot of land with tons of deer that rarely gets hunted so I think that's huge part of why it sticks around. The last time I saw it we were hog hunting and I had my trusty .300 BLK on me. It walked across a sendero no more than 100yds away from us. I could've ground checked him/her, but dang it's hard to bring yourself to kill an animal like that, as rare as it is. Plus I think the land owner might have killed me if I did.
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #20
capt.sandbar
Registered Users-pm+

capt.sandbar has been promoted to Piratecapt.sandbar has been promoted to Piratecapt.sandbar has been promoted to Piratecapt.sandbar has been promoted to Piratecapt.sandbar has been promoted to Piratecapt.sandbar has been promoted to Piratecapt.sandbar has been promoted to Piratecapt.sandbar has been promoted to Piratecapt.sandbar has been promoted to Piratecapt.sandbar has been promoted to Piratecapt.sandbar has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimk View Post
Just to stir the pot a little...here's a few pictures.
That does look like a live oak the solid black one is laying in.. Case closed!!
capt.sandbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message