tow trucks - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 01-30-2019, 08:40 AM   #21
GAFF TRACKER
Registered Users-pm+

GAFF TRACKER is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebassfisher View Post
Mine is bigger than yours!!!

Buy and drive what you want and can afford.

Sgrem could easily justify a heavy duty diesel truck, but chooses not to. In my mind, that is much more logical than the guy who buys a dually diesel 4 X 4 and carries nothing more than groceries on a paved road.
This couldn't be more true and why pay around 15k more on one when you have no intent of actually putting it to use? Some sort of "status" I suppose.

I know a few people like that and I personally think it's hilarious. I think one of my buddies might have had a lawnmower in the back of his once, but I could be wrong.
GAFF TRACKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2019, 09:58 AM   #22
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
This is laughable. Never said anyone wasted their money. Just sharing MY experience replacing my own 3/4 ton and that for the task i am asking it to do it does tow, handle, and stop better than my 3/4 ton ever thought about.

Nothing negative at all about your experience in your truck. But you simply have not towed with a simiar vehicle.

A lower center of gravity vehicle with same wheelbase as a Tahoe with a very short axle to hitch point, higher performance brakes and higher performance suspension and higher performance steering does the job surprisingly well. ESPECIALLY if your truck is lifted and/or with off road tires. The traction and stability control is superior in that case. Simple physics. Come ride with me and tell me im wrong.

I had both vehicles side by side. Sold the 3/4 ton because that BMW did everything better. And fact is on the used market an equally equipped 1/2 ton was $15k more and i couldnt afford it.

Trust me i was more surprised than you are. Loved the big truck. Had big trucks my whole life. But im a realist and the BMW just does it better. And i get 14mpg towing that big parachute of boat at 70mph. Easily stays on cruise control like that maintaining on overpasses or wherever. 35mpg empty.

That is my side by side experience. Yours is just well my 3/4 ton has to tow better because its a 3/4 ton. Really? Thats laughable. I had both and this is my experience. Made a believer out of me....and most open minded folks willing to consider the alternatives.

Again....under 7500 pounds it is doing surprisingly excellent for my daily towing for a living.
But dude, you can't put goose decoys with layout blinds in your SUV. We had a 6.5' bed loaded yesterday, looked like Gypsies and I had to leave more gear.
Drundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2019, 11:01 AM   #23
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
If you have never seen 10 dozen duck decoys, waders and dog stuffed into a luxury suv then you are missing out! Lol Those nasty layout blinds will have to strap on the roof though.

I have seen your gear take.....gypsies is right. Looks like a mobile carnival ride caravan.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2019, 11:41 AM   #24
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
If you have never seen 10 dozen duck decoys, waders and dog stuffed into a luxury suv then you are missing out! Lol Those nasty layout blinds will have to strap on the roof though.
Yea, they are covered in red dirt from OK/KS right now, you'd have to buy a new SUV after having those in the back.
Drundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2019, 07:57 PM   #25
BluewaterAg26
Registered Users-pm+

BluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to PirateBluewaterAg26 has been promoted to Pirate
I recently traded my F250 on a new F150 Ecoboost with max tow package. I thought I would miss the 250 because I drove them exclusively. I love the new truck and it pulls my 25ft bay boat very good and gets the same/better fuel economy doing it. When I am not pulling which is most the time, the ride is 10x better. Remember technology has came a long way. Drive whatever makes you happy, your paying for it!
BluewaterAg26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2019, 10:05 PM   #26
stammster
Registered Users-pm+

stammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Pirate
I tow my Glacier Bay (7000 lbs loaded) with my 2002 Kubota T1670 (16 hp gas lawn tractor) all the time. Will post pictures next time I’m hooked up.
stammster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2019, 10:38 PM   #27
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
I've seen sgrems rig in person.. He's not BSing about hauling a 26' Southshore with that BMW. It's really crazy to look at the size of that boat, and see that X5 hauling it down the road. Pretty cool anyway! It's better than seeing an F350 pulling a jet ski
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message