Zancudo Lodge Costa Rica - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 01-31-2019, 04:10 PM   #1
NeverTighter
Registered Users-pm+

NeverTighter has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNeverTighter has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNeverTighter has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNeverTighter has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNeverTighter has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNeverTighter has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNeverTighter has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNeverTighter has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNeverTighter has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNeverTighter has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNeverTighter has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
sailfish Zancudo Lodge Costa Rica

I thought I would share a little review about my trip to Zancudo Lodge Costa Rica, that I won through FishTrack. I won it last April and was finally able to make the trip earlier this month. 6 nights and 5 days of amazing fishing.

I wanted to start by first saying Zancudo Lodge definitely exceeded my expectations in every way imaginable.

The owners,Gregg and Goldine,were fantastic and very inviting and hospitable. They have definitely created an amazing gem down there in the rain forest. The entire staff was just wonderful and made our stay just as perfect as possible. I would drop names but do not want to risk missing anyone since every single person we interacted with was great.

The lodge was beautiful, inviting and quaint and was the perfect place to just relax after a long day of fishing. The accommodations were perfect and the word lodge in the name “Zancudo Lodge” does not do it justice. Its is unlike any “lodge” I have even been to! You could tell they took such pride in the property and in the accommodations. Getting off the boat and seeing the crocodiles, monkeys, sloths and parrots really made you appreciate the remoteness of the lodge and how they brought the beauty of the rainforest right on to the property, it was beautiful.

What may have been the most surprising and unexpected part of the stay was probably the food… some of the best I have ever eaten! I have stayed at many nice and fancy hotels over the years and I can say, without question, these were the most tasty, fresh and original dinners I have ever had from any hotel. Each one of these meals would rival those from my most favorite restaurants in the states and around the world. Compliments to the chef for sure for brining all of these different flavors together and utilizing the fresh ingredients they had available. Everything from the morning pancakes the pool side appetizers, the fresh baked bread, sashimi and secret recipe soy sauce, perfectly cooked meals and the to-die-for desserts, were just wonderful.

Now, to the best part of the trip, the fishing! First off, the water could not have been calmer. There were times when you could not tell the difference between the blue water and the blue sky! We get so few days like that in the Gulf of Mexico that alone was just a wonderful treat. On top of the amazing conditions, we had some even more amazing fishing. We ended up adding 2 additional days of fishing to our trip (when in Rome, right?) for a total of 5 days on the water. We fished on both the contenders and the pangas, each were nice. Of course the contenders were faster but there must be something about those pangas that attract the fish because we sure seemed to slay them. All the equipment we used was maintained and functioned perfectly.

The guides were wonderful and I want to especially thank Capt. Abilio for being sure a personable and fun guide. I cannot wait to get back down and fish with him again. Both of the captains we had were clearly experts and wanted nothing more than to put you on the fish, which they did! We caught so many huge Mahi Mahi that we got to the point where we said, let’s change up the baits and put something too big for them… that just meant we caught bigger mahi hahaha. The Sailfish action was a little slow but we still caught plenty and loved every second of it. I have caught plenty of yellowfin tuna in my day but I have never experienced a bite like this. Talk about non-stop action and jello arms haha! We boated 10 YFT in maybe 30 mintues and released another 2 or 3 and broke off another 2 or 3 in that same time. It was the most fun fishing experience of my life! Although we only had 2 total marlin sightings in our spread the entire trip and they seemed to have gone into hiding while we were there, it only gives us another reson to get back down there again.

This was truly the trip of a life-time and I can not wait to go back.

Here are a few of the pictures from our trip!
Attached Images

NeverTighter is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2019, 08:44 PM   #2
Calmday
Salty Dawg

Calmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to Pirate
Looks awesome. Nice report.
Calmday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2019, 08:42 AM   #3
Makomecrazy
SUNNYBEACH

Makomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to Pirate
Shame that underwater shot of the Mahi wasn't a full fish photo! That would have made magazine covers! Still a fabulous shot!

I loved my trip to Costa Rica! Can't wait to take another!
Makomecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message