Need a little Corpus Assistance.. - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 01-22-2019, 02:46 PM   #1
drumrboyjohn
Registered Users-pm+

drumrboyjohn is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Need a little Corpus Assistance..

I would like to take my boat to corpus for some fishing.. I have never launched there, not new to offshore fishing. Looking for recommendations for a launch point and fishing locations. I have a 21' key largo and usually fish the liberties out of O'Conner.

Any help would be appreciated
drumrboyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2019, 03:01 PM   #2
Skifffer
Registered Users-pm+

Skifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to PirateSkifffer has been promoted to Pirate
There are multiple ramps such as Marker 37 at the causeway that would be good spots to launch or Port A ramps near the ferry landing. Packery channel has some ramps but most trailers rub a little at the high point of the ramp.
Skifffer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2019, 04:54 PM   #3
Blutarsky
Registered Users-pm+

Blutarsky is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
If you don’t want to cross the ferry to Port A, you can launch at Conn Brown Harbor and run down the shrimp boat channel about 7 miles to the Port A jetty. I have heard that the Packery Channel can be a little sporty depending on swell and current so I would recommend going out of Port A. There are a couple of bait shops at Conn Brown or you can stop at Woodys at Port A. If you want to fish inland then Marker 37 at the south end of South Padre Island Drive is a good launch for the Laguna Madre, Baffin and the Land Cut.
Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2019, 08:49 PM   #4
stdreb27
Registered Users-pm+

stdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
If you don’t want to cross the ferry to Port A, you can launch at Conn Brown Harbor and run down the shrimp boat channel about 7 miles to the Port A jetty. I have heard that the Packery Channel can be a little sporty depending on swell and current so I would recommend going out of Port A. There are a couple of bait shops at Conn Brown or you can stop at Woodys at Port A. If you want to fish inland then Marker 37 at the south end of South Padre Island Drive is a good launch for the Laguna Madre, Baffin and the Land Cut.

I used to walk packery with a spoon a lot. It was LOTS of fun watching boats try to get out. Watched a pontoon boat give up before the rough line and turn around on the roughest spot. I THOUGHT I was going to have to call the coast guard. Fortunately he made it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stdreb27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2019, 02:16 PM   #5
acoastalbender
Registered Users-pm+

acoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirate
Packery was 'sporty' up until Harvey ... it had shoaled in at the mouth and the shallowness was causing all the grief ... Harvey blew it all out (saving the city of CC significant dredging fees) and it's nearly normal now ... the parking lot at Clem's and Billings has been redone as have the ramps and there's plenty of parking ... the city ramps just east of 361 on Packery are a little steep and most 2 plus axle trailers will scrape but haven't seen much trouble for single axle trailers ... Marker 37 is undergoing a major reno and parking is part of the plan but hasn't happened yet nor are they pumping no 'E' gas (they think another month out) as that is also planned ... plenty of bait around with 8 bait stands along the 358 corridor from the bluff to the island ...
acoastalbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2019, 02:26 PM   #6
stdreb27
Registered Users-pm+

stdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Piratestdreb27 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoastalbender View Post
Packery was 'sporty' up until Harvey ... it had shoaled in at the mouth and the shallowness was causing all the grief ... Harvey blew it all out (saving the city of CC significant dredging fees) and it's nearly normal now ... the parking lot at Clem's and Billings has been redone as have the ramps and there's plenty of parking ... the city ramps just east of 361 on Packery are a little steep and most 2 plus axle trailers will scrape but haven't seen much trouble for single axle trailers ... Marker 37 is undergoing a major reno and parking is part of the plan but hasn't happened yet nor are they pumping no 'E' gas (they think another month out) as that is also planned ... plenty of bait around with 8 bait stands along the 358 corridor from the bluff to the island ...

It was pre-Harvey. I watched a couple people find that shoal.
stdreb27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2019, 06:59 PM   #7
vossroad
Aquapolis

vossroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateervossroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateervossroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateervossroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateervossroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateervossroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateervossroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateervossroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateervossroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateervossroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateervossroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
CC Muni Marina has a very nice/wide ramp. Plus the gas is the cheapest in all of TX.
vossroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2019, 07:09 PM   #8
drumrboyjohn
Registered Users-pm+

drumrboyjohn is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Texasflag4

Thank you for the great responses!.. if there a reef or gas wells that work well.. Like I said, I am not looking for anyones honey hole, just a decent starting point..
drumrboyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2019, 05:50 AM   #9
Blutarsky
Registered Users-pm+

Blutarsky is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Not sure when and what you are targeting. There are several artificial reef sites SE of Port A in Texas waters that should hold some winter snapper, including the Kinta wreck, Lone Star and Boatman's. There are also some Texas platforms SE of Port A.
Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message