TXZ vs Z - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2019, 10:57 PM   #11
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck06R1 View Post
Spoke to my guy at 13Fishing. He said the TXZ uses CZB Comp bearings and not the CZB found in the Z reel. Larger handle, deep spool and a few more internals more designed for salt.
here we go on the upgrading of bushings like the abec7 orange seal bearings.

i wonder the difference on the bushings? same size? i know the z bushings will get dry and need lubing. but i've never heard of anyone lubing them or talking about it, weird. they definitely require it after use, for peak performance, that's for sure.

i've had the z for a year plus, holds up excellent to salt so far, it's been my primary reel and gets used a lot. accidentally dips it last week so it got a complete tear down. wasn't clean as a whistle but was in excellent shape. put it back together and worked great, but then i put a drop of oil on the 2 spool bushings while on the water. the difference is night and day.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2019, 11:00 PM   #12
Csafisher
Waiting on duck season...

Csafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to Pirate
Best thing to do is just buy a shimano.
Csafisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2019, 07:52 AM   #13
Chuck06R1
Registered Users-pm+

Chuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to Pirate
The guy said there was less surface friction on the CZB Comp bearings. In all honesty, I couldn't personally give the exact rundown difference. I've put the CZB in my TX and it works like a charm.
Chuck06R1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2019, 08:16 AM   #14
glojim
Registered Users-pm+

glojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCKurt View Post
You made a post to link to another one of your posts? Without even waiting for a response from the other post?
Have you tried asking the SME of 13Fishing?
[email protected]
(800) 508-6013

What's SME?
glojim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2019, 09:51 AM   #15
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPumaAg View Post
Then either you didn't actually talk or ask the guys working there about those reels or you went to a big box store where they don't know jack about anything.

But from my conversation over a month ago with Steve at Anglers Anonymous, yes the internals in the TXZ are upgrades from the Z. The guys at AA can tell you exactly the differences and whatnot. I heard them all a month ago and don't remember exactly except that they are supposed to be better.

The part numbers on 13 website don't match up for further verification.
probably just sit tight for now, 1 z and 2 core 50's with abec7's.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:33 PM   #16
SWCKurt
Registered Users-pm+

SWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of GunnerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by glojim View Post
What's SME?
Subject Matter Expert... or in my sarcastic post, would be the people at 13 Fishing, which would be reachable by the email and/or phone number I posted.
SWCKurt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2019, 04:25 PM   #17
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

tarpon been there done that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csafisher View Post
Best thing to do is just buy a shimano.
i've been a shimano owner since i got rid of my red ambassador 5000.

throwing 2 core 50's (w orange seal abec7's)now, but superseded by the Z. change is good.