Concept - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2019, 08:21 AM   #11
BigPumaAg
Registered Users-pm+

BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theblake View Post
I wonder if the TXZ is the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve at Angler's Anonymous said it isn't. There is a whole bunch of research and development cost that Concept is finally trying to recoup with the TXZ.
BigPumaAg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2019, 08:40 AM   #12
taylork555
Registered Users-pm+

taylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Pirate
Never owned a 13 reel - are the concept reels that much better than the origin reels?

Price would say so but curious to hear user feedback.
taylork555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2019, 09:08 AM   #13
SWCKurt
Registered Users-pm+

SWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSWCKurt has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
There is also a Concept Z Sport being released at the Bassmaster Classic.

Probably like the Origin series reels, a composite body, cheaper crank handle and grips, with the higher end bearings.

I own two OriginTX reels, and enjoy them. One of them I upgraded to a cork handle. Definitely recommended!
SWCKurt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2019, 12:30 PM   #14
Chuck06R1
Registered Users-pm+

Chuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to Pirate
The CZB bushings seem to be a little finicky. I have a TX that I swapped to the CZB and it casts about the same as the original bearings (which I had no complaint about). I have 2 Z's and one casts great and one not so much. I put the TX bearings into the "not so much reel" and now it casts like butter. I love my TX but I struggle with the thought of paying $330 for another reel. Odd as t sounds, $250-$300 would be reasonable IMO.
Chuck06R1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2019, 10:31 PM   #15
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylork555 View Post
Never owned a 13 reel - are the concept reels that much better than the origin reels?

Price would say so but curious to hear user feedback.
The only Orgin reel worth a **** that I've used is the TX. No lie, the Orgin TX is a SOLID reel.

The Orgin A and C on the other hand.. you'd be better off buying a Shakespeare combo. Those 2 just feel like cheap plastic junk. The TX though is nice.

Compared to the Concept reels, that's up to you if you want to spend the extra. To put it to you this way, I own pretty much all of the Concept reels, but have thought about getting the Orgin TX to have.

And to be completely fair, my MAIN reason for using 13 fishing reels is the feel. I love those knobby cork knobs, and the low profile/"slick" feel of their reels. They are very compact and fit and my hands perfect. And also to be 100% honest, the reason I got the Concept TX is because of the color. That blue is my favorite color, and I couldn't help but to get it and get a custom rod to match it.

I have a vid on my YouTube channel of my rod/reels and I talk quite a bit about the 13 fishing reels if your interested. https://youtu.be/Bj6fEAXO1nc

Last edited by dk2429; 01-14-2019 at 10:37 PM.
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2019, 07:20 AM   #16
glojim
Registered Users-pm+

glojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirate
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck06R1 View Post
The CZB bushings seem to be a little finicky. I have a TX that I swapped to the CZB and it casts about the same as the original bearings (which I had no complaint about). I have 2 Z's and one casts great and one not so much. I put the TX bearings into the "not so much reel" and now it casts like butter. I love my TX but I struggle with the thought of paying $330 for another reel. Odd as t sounds, $250-$300 would be reasonable IMO.

Anyone here have a 13 Fishing Discount code? asking for a friend......
glojim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2019, 07:24 AM   #17
Chuck06R1
Registered Users-pm+

Chuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by glojim View Post
Anyone here have a 13 Fishing Discount code? asking for a friend......
I wish.
Chuck06R1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2019, 08:46 AM   #18
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon z and txz unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theblake View Post
I wonder if the TXZ is the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
all reels have the same shape and internals, some have more washers and bearings and some have less. but they are all same regardless of make and model. the z may be the c painted orange, but with bushings. the txz is slightly different but basically the same. you can only make a wheel so round. now we need to invent better materials to make the wheel out of, lol. same principle with reels. that's why if you can rebuild one reel, you can rebuild any and every reel. the question is which cast the farthest and last the longest.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message