I had the same issue on my top. I to ok k it out of the boat. My dad welded the broken areas and added gussets to make sure it wont move around. It's been 2 years and haven't had any issues since. The top doesn't move at all
Top is finally done. To fix it the front tubing was all cut out and replaced with larger tubing and we changed the mounting points as well. I wasnt a fan of the original mounting bolts right through the tube into the console. Seemed like a bad idea. Also added some extra tubing on the sides which helps some flexing and makes awesome hand grabs as well. Lastly we put a rear rack from the top and attached it to the leaning post. The rear rack is removable incase the tanks need to be accessed. The top feels rock solid now. Also added a lumitec spreader to the front and a second vhf. The simrad RS-35 is only 170 bucks on defender.com and west marine will price match. Huge savings. Hoping the additional tubing will prevent issues in the future.