Rockport was GLASS 1-4 through 1-6! - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2019, 09:37 PM   #1
barronj
SHUFL

barronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Pirate
Rockport was GLASS 1-4 through 1-6!

I rolled in to town on Friday evening and the bay was glass, forecast held through Sunday as I left. Water was still very much out, but for the most part, that had no bearing on my plans because I had my daughters with me and we were going to drown shrimp in deep water. I called up pocjetty and told him my plans, he gave me pointers on locations to target and even brought over a bunch of sheepy rigs for me to tie on! Such a prince. I throw plastics in shallow water, I didn't know squat about fishing rocks and jetty structure for sheepshead.

The water was ripping out in the morning and then flooding back in after about 11. I struggled a little with my anchor at first, but finally found purchase and we stayed and caught fish until my youngest announced we needed a try a new spot. We took a boat ride, then another boat ride, then I cast netted some small mullet for a different approach to things, but we were already close to Conn Brown by that point and we'd been on the water for 6 hours, so we made a small effort with setting out poles but packed it in in short order after I started catching skip jacks on plastic, and nothing else.

Petting the dolphin was their favorite part, then the boat rides, then the unlimited* sodas, then the catching of fish... oh well, at least it made the list. They even let me box a few without too much protest.

barronj is offline   Reply With Quote