Mono vs Braid vs Fluorocarbon Line - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2018, 10:52 AM   #21
largeutfan
Registered Users-pm+

largeutfan is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Been using Suffix 30/8, or 832, for years and love all the advantages. I also spray the line on the spool with a line conditioner, to make it smoother and less likely to dig in.
largeutfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2018, 09:04 PM   #22
codyvette
Registered Users-pm+

codyvette is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
12lbs. Stren original is what I use. If I am on reefs I use a short braid leader for cut resistance. It ends up being a little more expensive in the long run because it needs to be changed often. I have tried braid but can't stand the vibration caused when it runs through guides. I catch just as many fish as the the guys standing next to me on the boat throwing braid so I don't go for the missing hook ups theory. Many times when my buddy's braid stops in mid flight, the plastic keeps on going into forever. Try them all and decide for yourself. That's how I got back to what I really like.
codyvette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2018, 10:17 AM   #23
ltppowell
Registered Users-pm+

ltppowell has been promoted to Pirateltppowell has been promoted to Pirateltppowell has been promoted to Pirateltppowell has been promoted to Pirateltppowell has been promoted to Pirateltppowell has been promoted to Pirateltppowell has been promoted to Pirateltppowell has been promoted to Pirateltppowell has been promoted to Pirateltppowell has been promoted to Pirateltppowell has been promoted to Pirate
You really need to know how and when to use them both.
ltppowell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 11:11 PM   #24
bfrog2
Bfrog2

bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bfrog2 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Same here, and it seems to work fine. I've got a couple of spinning rigs with braid, but my baitcasters have Stren #12 after trying the others and it seems to work just fine.
bfrog2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2019, 09:36 AM   #25
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyvette View Post
If I am on reefs I use a short braid leader for cut resistance.

That doesn’t make sense. You use a mono or fluoro leader on braid for abrasion resistance.
johnsons1480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2019, 01:57 PM   #26
Skavatar
Registered Users-pm+

Skavatar has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsons1480 View Post
That doesn’t make sense. You use a mono or fluoro leader on braid for abrasion resistance.

maybe of equal diameter, 30# mono vs 90# braid, i guess.

on my spinning reels i'll put about 12' of mono leader.

on my smaller casting reels i'll put about 50' of mono leader.

my surf casting reels, 50-60yds of mono, plus 30' of heavy shock leader.
Skavatar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message