2CoolFishing - View Single Post - Inline HVAC duct fans
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #4
dannyw
Registered Users-pm+

dannyw has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdannyw has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdannyw has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdannyw has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdannyw has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdannyw has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdannyw has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdannyw has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdannyw has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdannyw has been promoted to the rank of Privateerdannyw has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Instead of installing duct boosters I'd suggest just letting your fan run continuously (fan switch to "on" instead of "auto". I worked in the ac field for over a decade before I got disgusted with the way the company was headed. People will try to tell you horror story's about how much extra electricity you'll use but I ran the math and it's only about $15- $20 a year. And you'll also hear about the extra humidity you'll have in the house- well there is a grain of truth to that, but it is very small over the grand scheme of things, and I won't bore you with the details. With the fan running all the time your air will constantly be filtered and mixing thru out your house, when your ac cycles off the evap will dry off and you won't get the snot (mildew) growing on your coil. My blower has been running constantly for 6 years since I moved in to this house, only shut off in the fall while I checked the safeties on my furnace.
dannyw is offline   Reply With Quote