2CoolFishing - View Single Post - 01 Z71 issues
Thread: 01 Z71 issues
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 11:41 PM   #11
shallowsport702
Registered Users-pm+

shallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
Just thinking out loud here, but do any of you guys think it could have anything to do with the knock sensor? The only reson I ask is that because when I purchased the truck at 76,000 miles (it now has 173,000), within a few days of me having it the Service Engine Soon light came on. Took it back to the small dealership where I got it and they plugged in the diagnostic tool and the knock sensor code came up. They insisted it wasn't a big deal and deleted the code,and I didn't have much of an argument for them to replace it being as I declined the extended warranty. Now everything has been pretty good up until this point, and I've heard about these trucks having poor seals for the knock sensor and them getting corroded, so my question is, could what I'm experiencing while driving be an engine ping/knock due to bad knock sensor(s)?
shallowsport702 is offline   Reply With Quote