2CoolFishing - View Single Post - Anywhere local sell good tropical fruit trees?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 10:13 PM   #7
Ready.Fire.Aim
Registered Users-pm+

Location: Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
Ready.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchulte View Post
If you are close to Houston, make the trip to JRN or JRN2 nursery.
I also recommend JRN / JRN2.

Good info on true tropical fruit. like Mangos can be found on this site http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php
You will need a greenhouse with supplemental heat for success with a Mango.

Just curious, have you tried pineapple guavas?
I have a huge Nazemetz pineapple guava, 20 + years old. Nobody that has tried the fruit likes it. The flower sepals do taste like cotton candy.

I grow pineapples started from tissue cultured plants. Bought online from a seller on the above mentioned website.
White Jade is the latest variety I am trying.
Can't let pineapple plants get close to freezing, they will dieback. Take at least 2 years to fruit.
You can get tops from grocery store fruit to grow into plants .
The latest high quality plants you will have to buy nursery plants, the tops aren't available.

Good luck
RFA

Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 02-18-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Ready.Fire.Aim is offline   Reply With Quote