2CoolFishing - View Single Post - What to buy or have built?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 05:16 AM   #14
hog
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time

hog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by hog View Post
I am having this EXACT thing built as I type.

Ive owned the exact rod before. 7'r which seems a bit long for some, but awesome light 80# class rod, great tip for working jigs and casting poppers or chunking, One Hell of a Back bone. Calstar graphite/E-Glass H Rod.

I'm hoping to get it finished this week and on tuna in Venice by mid September with My Stella 18000 bolted to it....

I'll post picture when its all done.

Also have been looking at the Black Hole blanks that MudHole is now carrying for rod builders...

Hog
I will say this. I NOW understand why top end quality rods cost so much made by a quality and well known Rod Craftsman. And its not because they are making money hands over foot to build it...
After going and buying the Blank, the top quality Rod guides, the Eva foam, the quality reel seat, rod butt, string, glue etc... I have about $300 tied up in it JUST IN PARTS.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote