2CoolFishing - View Single Post - Rod Building Advice
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 01:10 AM   #5
HiMe
Registered Users-pm+

HiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to PirateHiMe has been promoted to Pirate
Mudhole is head and shoulders above all the rest of the component sites. I got started by buying one of their kits that had EVERYTHING including blank, handles, guides, for less than $200. It's a great way to get started. I've built around a dozen rods on the hand wrapper and little dryer. A few weeks ago I bought the Flex Coat 777....absolute Cadillac of wrappers/dryers. I now have 17 rods under my belt. Yes, it's addictive and expensive if you buy quality components. At this point all my blanks are either St Croix (or Rod Geeks) or Northfork Composites (Loomis). Additionally, I only use composite handles, fuji seats and fuji titanium guides. Finished rods are unbelievable.

I really enjoy the whole process, although wrapping is a PITA at first and is a bit tedious toward the tip, but with a bit a patience is doable.
HiMe is offline   Reply With Quote