2CoolFishing - View Single Post - Custom Rods in TX
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 10:37 AM   #40
SaltwaterSlick
Registered Users-pm+

SaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterSlick has been promoted to Pirate
I've used Big Bay on here to build some very fine rods for me... And yes, most components are standard parts, but it is not as simple as just glue and wrappings... The components are many and widely varied and it takes skill to pick components that fit together and accomplish what you're looking for. Grant has done a fantastic job of doing that for me. My needs were very specific and he's local... When I first started my initial project if what I wanted, I too contacted Billy Stix, but was not happy with his communications and never got any real answers as to what I was looking for... Plus, he's in Florida and not local... That in itself made communication difficult. I wanted to see some examples of work, and Grant being local (actually now is at FTU on Katy Fwy, but rod building is not associated with FTU in any way) he's easy to contact and work with face to face if need be.

He's just one of the very good local folks that are on this forum, but Big Bay is a very good example and one I can highly recommend.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote