2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Shooting Table

8K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  nckrsamford 
#1 ·
I was a little bored over the weekend so I decided to go outside and enjoy the weather and build something.

Plant Table Picnic table Wood Outdoor furniture

Plant Furniture Street furniture Outdoor bench Table

Outdoor bench Plant Table Furniture Picnic table

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice, has a drinkholder and everything. I've built several portable shooting tables but they are a bit unsteady and I need to come up with some way of keeping empties from rolling off into the dirt. I used to go to a friend of mines that had a shooting bench similar to that and it was rock solid. Only thing is you had to do a yellow jacket check before you sat down. One of them babies hitting you will mess up your group fast.

#10 ·
I built a similar design a few years back on skids so I could just drag it around with whatever I want to pull it with, and one thing I have been intending to do is making a "door" on the top, which once "opened" would leave a hole to stick an AR magazine through so you can use the same shooting position as a standard configuration rifle, instead of having to build up shooting rests to gain magazine clearance.

#12 ·
. I have too, although some of them are pretty hard to find.. I still keep running into issues where the magazine (and pistol grip, for that matter) are forcing me to change shooting position on the bench. That trapdoor is still somewhere in the "to do" list, at this point it's probably sitting somewhere around the spring of 2019....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.