2CoolFishing - View Single Post - Sam Houston National Forest
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 09:53 PM   #4
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Try the Aransas wildlife refuge bowhunt. There are some giants in there that live and die without seeing a man.

Get the public lands permit and study those maps. Find some of the more obscure areas.

SHNF can be great or miserable depending on your expectations. But there are many many National Forestlands and Texas public land opportunities are actually very good.

I have three Pope and Young bucks shot off of public lands. A 140" 10pt, a 150" 11 pt bruiser, and a 160" 15pt. They were aged at 9, 8, and 8. And consider this. The first one i just happen to get lucky i think. I made some good guesses for the area and got in on him.

The other two i was very calculating. I hunted each of them for at least three years. I just kind of knew they were there. I knew i was in a giant bucks area....hunted them for three years and never saw them until the day i drew blood.

I have never owned a trail camera or feeder....its actual hunting.

And for what its worth shot one around thaksgiving and the other two around Christmas time....all with my bow.....during rifle season.....
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote