2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Best deep drop ducer for Garmin 76xx xsv 800'-1700'

17K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  Makomecrazy 
#1 ·
Product Audio equipment Gadget Output device Wood
I now have everything I need to install my 7608XSV/GT51m-tm this weekend!

Next purchase will be a 1KW CHIRP transducer for deep dropping, 800' to 1700' for Tiles, Swords and such. What are the better transducers available for the 76xx xsv's for this and what makes them better?
Should I consider/is it possible to add a black box and start looking to 2-3kw chirp?
Keep in mind that the duel frequency ducers wont work as my GT51m-tm already occupies the sole 12 pin connection.

Thanks!

See less See more
#6 ·
b175m

I just installed 51TH and a b175m with a 7607. Took it out last weekend testing but didnt get that deep. I got the 175m for deeper water and I was told that it would mark bottom at 1700ft. I might have gone for the L version if I was to do it again because the 600kw chirp on the 51th looks to be pretty good. We got out to around 400ft of water and I couldnt tell much difference between the two at that depth. I did some asking around on THT and these guys made it sound like with a 1KW chirp that marking "targets" like bait or fish on the bottom at 1700ft was wishful thinking with either of those transducers (175L or 175M) - so I went with the M for better resolution.

#9 ·
I just installed 51TH and a b175m with a 7607. Took it out last weekend testing but didnt get that deep. I got the 175m for deeper water and I was told that it would mark bottom at 1700ft. I might have gone for the L version if I was to do it again because the 600kw chirp on the 51th looks to be pretty good. We got out to around 400ft of water and I couldnt tell much difference between the two at that depth. I did some asking around on THT and these guys made it sound like with a 1KW chirp that marking "targets" like bait or fish on the bottom at 1700ft was wishful thinking with either of those transducers (175L or 175M) - so I went with the M for better resolution.
I fished with JHP3435 last month to 1300'. He has a Simrad NSS EVO2 Paired with a B150M 300 watt and it marked bottom at 1300' and I am pretty sure I saw a target or two on bottom. We caught tile in 925' and did not see targets when we were hooking up.

Neatest thing was at Falcon jigging for Tunas we could watch the bait as it dropped and could stop it at the to/middle bottom of the bait ball, it was very cool!

I can't wait to get the setup that I currently have installed!

#12 ·
I too have the 265LH although it is in hull mount. Paired with Simrad NSE12 and 8 and BSM-2. All that has been said is true. Very good bottom tracking in deepwater and can do the job very well. Just like anything though, if money is no object kind of thing, you can get even better with the 599 series. If i recall, the 599 is a couple of grand more so you have to decide just how good you want or need.

Good luck.

#13 ·
i have a 7608 and a 7610 i just installed. i have the gt51 on the 08 and plan on hooking up a tm265 to the 10 just need to make that it will read down to 1200-1500 if not i need a box and the 26. does any one have first hand info using the 265 for reading deep. i was told i would not read any targets passed a 1000???????????????

#14 ·
I am not sure who told you that about the 265. I see plenty of marks 1,000+ feet. These are from early last summer that i happen to have in my phone. This was before I got used to the settings and I think 2 firmware versions ago.

#21 ·
Well just ordered the Garmin 7212 with the CM599LM transducer and the 7608xsv with the GT51m-Tm transducer. I should be good shallow and deep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
$3100.00 3KW transducer! Gonna need the GSD26 to power that! That is about the best set up for shallow and deep!
Check out this thread, not sure if the issue still exists or if they have resolved...

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...ww.airmartechnology.com/uplo...letin_1362.pdf

#23 ·
I just bought a 1042xsv and the GT51 transom mount. The 1042xsv only has the 12 pin connector so I can't go dual band but I am hoping that the GT51 will do anything and everything up to around 500' of water which is where I will be spending 95% of my time anyway.

#24 ·
New sled,

Bought a new, (to me) sled, 2001 27 Cape Horn with a set of 2016 250 zukes on the back.

Has 7610xsv, HB Onix10 and a 740s along with 48 mile HD radar.

Going to have to buy new transducer for this ride as the gt23tm is marginal at best, and it has a smashed cable.

I think I am going to end up with at least a B175M initially, but at some point I am going to want to target Swords.

What transducers are giving you the best results fishing for Grouper/Tile and Swords?

Attachments

#25 ·
Bought a new, (to me) sled, 2001 27 Cape Horn with a set of 2016 250 zukes on the back.

Has 7610xsv, HB Onix10 and a 740s along with 48 mile HD radar.

Going to have to buy new transducer for this ride as the gt23tm is marginal at best, and it has a smashed cable.

I think I am going to end up with at least a B175M initially, but at some point I am going to want to target Swords.

What transducers are giving you the best results fishing for Grouper/Tile and Swords?
We installed an Airmar B175L in September to go with our 7608xsv. We can mark bottom to 2000+ft no problem. We can mark bait in 1000ft no problem. It does not mark bait in detail when swordfishing in 1400ft of water or deeper. But you can tell areas where there is bait after you get used to reading it. We have marked swordfish during the day in 1500ft of water using it but I wouldn’t expect to drive around and find them using it. I think knowing how to tune the machine is more important than anything. In general we have been very happy with the B175L. It was a game changer for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 ·
Update

Installed the B175M. Fantastic transducer for what I am doing right now! No screen shots to share yet, but will post up when I get some good deep shots.
Also, I cannot say enough good about the Simrad AP44 I installed either! That unit runs the boat arrow straight. Makes the Garmin compact reactor that I had in my old Mako look bad. (as great as I thought that was at the time!)

On another note, seeing that this is an old thread I started when I was upgrading electronics on the old Mako. The Diawa Tanicom 1000 has been an absolute beast. Landed several Donkey AJ's, loads of BFT, a couple of Warsaw Grouper a box or two of Tile, Barrel and Beards and truckloads of big fat snapper. It is still going strong!

Attachments

#30 ·
Installed the B175M. Fantastic transducer for what I am doing right now! No screen shots to share yet, but will post up when I get some good deep shots.
Also, I cannot say enough good about the Simrad AP44 I installed either! That unit runs the boat arrow straight. Makes the Garmin compact reactor that I had in my old Mako look bad. (as great as I thought that was at the time!)

On another note, seeing that this is an old thread I started when I was upgrading electronics on the old Mako. The Diawa Tanicom 1000 has been an absolute beast. Landed several Donkey AJ's, loads of BFT, a couple of Warsaw Grouper a box or two of Tile, Barrel and Beards and truckloads of big fat snapper. It is still going strong!
Glad to hear the B175M is working well. I have one waiting to install...just can't make myself drill that big hole! :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.