2CoolFishing - View Single Post - What # Flourcarbon are you guys throwing? (Typically)
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 09:22 AM   #26
Jean Scurtu
Registered Users-pm+

Jean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder Face View Post
Yes Jean, but your 12.5 foot rod and properly set drag goes a long way towards your landing that fish. For those that don't know, the long rod takes up a lot up force that may be put on the lighter weight line, allowing you to cast further with a lighter line and also a longer rod takes lot of fight from a fish, always working that rod tension. I was and am a proponent of such a system, it is just not practical from a yak, and tougher to land a fish while wading too. However it will take its toll on your wrist holding that long rod, but luckily Jean is one tough guy.
Bank or pier fishing it is a great approach though.

You right,fishing with long spinning rods at ROLLOVER PASS i have many advantage.I am fishing just from the bank with artificial and with long rods i can cast long distance with tynni braid(maximum for me 10 lb. and also with 4 lb. ,6 lb. 8lb.+8 lb.-14 lb. fluorocarbon leader).

With long rods i can keep little line on the water because all the time i keep my tip of the rod at 45 degree and just the fluorocarbon leader touching the bottom(the fluorocarbon is more resistance to abrasion like braid).When i have i bite i can strike easy in time with long rod and in the same time make my fight with big fish more easy.

I was trying to build myself my long rods using fly blanks,so the rod is not so heavy,or i was changing same G.LOOMIS IMX 9'wt 10 ,wt 12 fly rod and SAGE RPLX 9' wt.10,wt 11,wt 12/13 fly rods in spinning rods.

I am fishing just at ROLLOVER PASS because i am disable(problems with my legs).I don't fish in surf or from the pier for the same reason.

At ROLLOVER PASS i can park my car very close with the bank,take my ice box from my trunk an fishing sitting on my ice box.I can't fishing sitting on my legs.
Attached Images

Jean Scurtu is offline   Reply With Quote