2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Intercoastal fishing 10-12

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  2catsfishin 
#1 ·
Chilly out there today, my fishing partners Dewayne and his son Nick and I went to catch drum fish in the ditch today. Hopefully some flounder as a bonus.
We got one 16" flounder and some small ones as well as some small specs and a few big croaker.
The real fun were the four oversize black drum and Nick's one bull red that gave our string a good stretch.
We fished right out of Stingaree in the inter-coastal beside fat rat cut with crab and gulp.
The three of us usually fish for big blue cats drifting Lake Livingston, but that action has not started yet and we needed a big fish fix.
So we choose that spot for the protection from the howling northeast wind and being a cut by the channel, it's a good place to intercept drum this time of year.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Lol! They were big ole ditch tanks! And the 5000 class reels gave them a real advantage in the pulling department.
When my wife and I got together ten years ago she saw a surf report and knew what a redfish was. But she asked “ what are those big ugly fish?”
Easy to see how they got that moniker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.