2CoolFishing - View Single Post - Port O Connor
Thread: Port O Connor
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 10:12 PM   #2
Bill C
Registered Users-pm+

Bill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to PirateBill C has been promoted to Pirate
I only fished Port O once and we fished the passes but I’ll give you my thoughts for whatever they’re worth based on lots of time at the Port A jetties.

For lures to throw I would suggest large silver spoons, DOA Mullet, 5” Storm Wildeye swim lures in golden mullet during the day and sardine color at night. Fish them down in the water column.

For bait I would suggest live 5-6” mullet, live pogies, or even live jumbo shrimp free-lined in the current. If the tide is ripping you might want to add some weight above the leader to help hold them down in the current.

Speaking of current, I’ve never done any good on slack tide so make sure you have some water movement. I’ve found just before and just after slack tide to be good.

Good luck and let us know how you do.
Bill C is offline   Reply With Quote