2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Jack Crevalle Line Class Records?

7K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  McDaniel8402 
#1 ·
a friend of my brother caught a 40" crevalle this past weekend on 8 lb test. he didn't have anything to acurately measure the weight, so i'm not sure what it weighed. he asked me to see if i could try and find the line class record and see if he was maybe even close to it, but i can't seem to find anything. if anyone has the info or a link, please let me know. thanks in advance.

#4 ·
well thanks for the info... the picture is posted in the general fishing section by my brother. i think it took 30 minutes or so to land, but they had to chase him down in the boat. one helluva fight.

#9 ·
Fightin' fish

I shot one, roughly in the last quarter of the body (closest to the tail) with a speargun while snorkeling off of the Boca Chica jetties. He was with a school, all of em roughly 3 foot long. The spear penetrated well, but he took off and the spear ripped out of the flesh like it wasn't there. There are an awesome fighting fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.