2CoolFishing - View Single Post - Rockport Oct.
Thread: Rockport Oct.
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 08:34 PM   #1
Ryan H.
Registered Users-pm+

Ryan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to Pirate
Thumbs up Rockport Oct.

Alright guys,

My experience inshore has been limited. I used to do offshore stuff tie up to rigs, chum and drop baits or jig, but had to sell my boat. I've taken a few charters and buddy trips inshore, and I love it. Reminds me of bass fishing around here, So I bought a bay boat and am making my first trip down the weekend of OCt. 12th. Lunar and tide times say its' a good weekend.

Any spots you like to stay, any bait camps you like and trust, any tips or info for a new guy? It will be me and my 15 year old son and his buddy so quantity of fish is probably more important than quality. I'd like to put several fish in the boat each day.

We prefer to fish inshore with artificial, popping corks, and drift looking for structure, potholes, current changes and ambush spots, happy to catch reds, trout, flounder, sail cats, black drum, hell anything that will pull on a hook.

My son's friend has NEVER fished saltwater and we want him to have a great time.

Where would y'all stay, launch, fish?
Ryan H. is offline   Reply With Quote