2CoolFishing - View Single Post - Holden Pasture "Nunley Chittim Ranch deer lease" live deer season 2014-2015
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 10:13 PM   #103
broadonrod

broadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&C View Post
I had the pleasure of hunting next door to this ranch for 13 years. We had 6 miles of common low fence. We actually had the lease for several years prior to Brett getting his lease. It was not hunted prior to that. We had what I believed was an incredible deer herd. We fed protein, heavily managed and produced some great bucks but it didn't compare with his results.

We hunt 4 miles north of them now and are taking their lead on many things. Their transformation over the past few years has been nothing short of remarkable. It is without question the best low fenced trophy whitetail ranch in the world.

We've had ~10" of rain at our lease this year. It's been timely and in small amounts. This is well below average. Our pasture is in great shape, except for our tanks, most of our buck have improved over last year and our fawn survival rate is >60%. We have a very healthy herd. Our protein selection was based on results from some of the best ranches in South Texas. In our opinion, ranches that consistently produce and reproduce bucks with trash have an optimal nutrition program. No one produces trashy bucks like Brett!

We're planning to use this feed next year.
Thanks a lot my brother! Coming from you that means a lot! I learned a lot talking with you my self and it was a pleasure finally getting to meet you in person. You have a true passion for this stuff as my group does. Hope to have you back over to the ranch for an evening when all the hunters are down. Thanks again for the kind words!!! Brett Holden