2CoolFishing - View Single Post - Hooking up NG to grill / NEED HELP!
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
shimanoman08
Second, is still the first place loser!

shimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirateshimanoman08 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by qapd View Post
Shimanoman08,

Look at the gas meter, you should have a 1/4" or 3/8" pipe plug on the house side of the meter. Turn your gas meter off and remove the pipe plug. You will need a short nipple, gas valve, compression fitting that fits the gas valve to 3/8" compression fitting. Use teflon tape on all threads. Purchase enough 3/8" copper tubing to reach your grill installation. Look at the gas connection on the grill. You will need another compression fitting that will fit the grill to 3/8" compression fitting. The grill is usually 3/8" pipe threads. Make sure all your connections are tight, turn on the gas, test all connections with soapy water a solution. You should be good to go after that.
Yes there is a 1/4'' plug on the house side of the meter. I guess my question is: once I tie into this tapped area of the meter what size pipe do I run to the grill. I have a bunch of 1/2'' sch.40 black screw piping out here at work that I can use. I have about 60' that I need to run from the meter to the grill. Will the 1/2'' pipe be too much pipe over a 60' run to carry the needed back pressure to burn correctly in the grill. Or should I use 1/4'' piping from the meter to the grill. If I use 1/4'' piping there will be no need to swedge up from 1/4'' x 1/2''. Either way you look at it I have swedge up at the meter 1/4'' to 1/2'' and the swedge back down to 3/8'' once I get to the grill cause the grill is 3/8''. Thanks once again 2coolers.
shimanoman08 is offline   Reply With Quote