2CoolFishing - View Single Post - Financial Advisors
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 08:21 AM   #23
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyHall1969 View Post
Fidelity has one of the best trading interfaces. I think TD Ameritrade's is very poor. If you go with Fidelity, go to one of the branches and ask about free trades and cash bonus for signing up. If you are young, I would just get an S&P index fund. Most brokers cannot beat the S&P 500. I would slowly migrate a new account to an S&P 500 index as it is a bit pricey at this point.
Regarding trading platforms, are you comparing Fidelity's Active Trader vs TDA's Think or Swim platforms?

Or are you comparing each other's standard website interface trading screens?

I've been using TD's Think or Swim. Very impressive. Highly technical and advanced. I recall with Fidelity's Active Trader you need to make a minimum of 36 trades a year. I have both a Fidelity and TDA account and like them for different reasons.

Warren Buffett recommends that his wife use index funds instead of other advisors when he leaves his money to her. He cites that historical statistics show that most advisors have not been able to consistently beat those indexes. Interesting comment coming from a famous professional investor that people look up to.

John Bogle of Vanguard was a pioneer in the indexed funds industry. Suggest to the OP to read about John B. and his philosophy on investing for more insight on this topic. Not as a pump for Vanguard, but to understand the early vision behind index funds and learn more about them. Give you more info to chew on before you switch to blind faith and turn all of your decisions over to a stranger.

I had an advisor for several years from one of the big firms. The returns were not good. I hated paying for something I thought I could do better at. I'm 100% on my own now and putting my money where my mouth is. Pleased to say that I'm doing well and I'm very happy that I finally cut the cord.

Good luck to the OP in finding an advisor they can trust.
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote