2CoolFishing - View Single Post - Lousy weather forcasts
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 08:03 PM   #12
Brian Castille
Texas Aggie Fisherman

Brian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to Pirate
30% and 40% are "normal" rain chances for summer days with the highest chance typically in the afternoon but all days are different and there is always the chance for the unexpected. I have been in some bad stuff before - I have taken a glancing blow from a lightning strike and had electricity running through my body, I have been in confirmed 98 mph winds at the jetties, I have been in a boat that got hit by a waterspout in more or less blackout conditions. All 3 events were unexpected and unavoidable. I watch the weather forecasts a lot and watch radar on my phone while fishing. Sometimes a 10% chance of rain ends up being storms all over the bay at 6am and sometimes an 80% chance of rain does nothing. There are also hourly forecasts available that help. Typically in the summer, the storms are either right at grey dawn or in the afternoon (my experience anyway). Percent chance of rain is confidence of it raining over a portion of an area. If confidence is 80% that it will rain over 25% of the area, the percent chance of rain is 20% for the area. Not much but if they are correct and you are in the 25% area with 80% confidence, you're getting wet, lol. If there is a higher chance of storms, I may go and stay close to the dock. I also have contingency plans for storms. Don't be afraid to run and hide somewhere to get out of the weather. My thought is to just be confortable and don't take a chance to catch another fish. Safety first. Sorry for the rambling, lol.
Brian Castille is offline   Reply With Quote