2CoolFishing - View Single Post - water clarity
Thread: water clarity
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 02:35 PM   #12
Brady
Registered Users-pm+

Brady has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBrady has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBrady has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBrady has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBrady has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBrady has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBrady has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBrady has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBrady has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBrady has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterBrady has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckchasr View Post
Fished SS all the way to the pass (car-bodies) Mon.7/9 wind was out of the SW water was sandy with maybe 10" visibility. Grinded hard with mirror lure, gold spoon, and soft plastics hooked 3 small trout that got off up close. Lot's of bait. Drove beach on the way out lots of birds working, I stopped to watch one flock close to shore and could see shrimp hopping and fish slashing jumped out and ran in hook one small trout and it got off about the time I could see it was too short. Then the fish disappeared as quickly as the started. I've been to the beach in good conditions many times now and failed to connect. Anyone else think our beachfront fishing has seriously declined in the last few years?
Yes, I believe wading fishing in the surf has declined since the 1980's when I became hard core about it.

My feeling is that you don't see the huge and seemingly endless rafts of mullet and other bait as compared to the past.

I had a good year in the surf in 2018 which was nice but there are not as many "war story" trips as I remember. The fishing can still be good but, overall, I sense a drop off.
Brady is offline   Reply With Quote