2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Garage Build

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  amatt 
#1 ·
Well the start of my garage build has finally come it has been a year in the making.

Just to give you a quick rundown it is a 24 by 40 garage with 10ft callings and three garage doors, two in the front one out the back for a pull through.

We had a pretty productive weekend despite a few rain showers.

With the three of us (My Dad, Neighbor and myself) we were able to get all the walls framed and up, squared and level. The front and back walls 100% sheathed. The two side walls are a quarter sheathed. I still have a couple cripples to finish up after work this week. Next weekend we will be installing the trusses.

Attached are some Pictures I will try and keep this going throughout the build with up dated pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#5 ·
This past weekend we made some good progress.
On Saturday we were able to get all 21 trusses up and into place with hurricane straps.
Sunday we put up facia Hardi on the two long ends. Plywood on half of the roof, pretty good job for 3 of us.
During the week I will have the
felt paper on the half we have got plywood on and tyvex on the walls.

#7 ·
Sorry for the delay in updates. As I have been busy with work and this on the weekends.
I have attached some pictures for the last couple of weeks.
We have finished the roof, finished all plywood, got all the windows and doors installed and began siding this past weekend. We managed to get a 1/4 if it done on Saturday.
Thanks for looking.
20190304/4d60d84355e2ed28605094724916db12.jpg[/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.