2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Holmes Smokehouse just burnt down!

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Walkin' Jack 
#1 ·
Holmes Smokehouse Burns To Ground

Landmark Opened In 1970

POSTED: 4:01 pm CST March 28, 2006
PLEAK, Texas -- A Fort Bend County landmark burned to the ground Tuesday afternoon, KPRC Local 2 reported.Firefighters were called to Holmes Smokehouse, located on Highway 36 at FM 2218, at about 1 p.m.Flames were shooting through the roof. Firefighters from 10 departments from Fort Bend and Brazoria counties were dispatched to the multi-alarm fire.The building was completely destroyed.Twenty employees were inside at the time, but no one was injured.The cause of the blaze is not yet known, but officials said there were heavy thunderstorms at the time so weather could be a factor.Holmes Smokehouse makes between 9,000 and 10,000 pounds of sausage every day to be shipped all over the country. The business was founded in 1970. It is the largest employer in the small town of Pleak.Owners plan to rebuild.

What a shame, the sure makegood sausage! Glad to hear they will rebuild tho...

#5 ·
10,000lbs of sausage probably made it smell REAL good for awhile.

Gonna go hit Sam's and buy me a few cases before the price goes up. Glad to see they plan to rebuild since their's is the only sausage I use at home and for my business.

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.