2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Back to the surf

7K views 41 replies 20 participants last post by  I'llbecoastin 
#1 ·
Water was till murky when we got out to the beach saturday morning but that did not stop the fishing from biting. Saturday morning we had our limit of trout and two reds, and a few sand trout mixed in. Sunday the fish didn't eat as well but we still managed to scratch out two limits of trout, releasing a 24" speck, and a big bull 42" red caught on light tackle.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
It's not robbie, anytime someone post a legal limit, this guy always has something negative to say. He thinks everyone is putting a dent in the fish population. It's about having fun and making memories. Been doing it all my life, whether it was with my dad, grandpa, daughters or all my fishing buddies.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

This post has been deleted
#12 ·
This guy (possum) never posts up a congrats.... always knocking people for keeping trout. Even saw him post up against flounder fisherman going to Sabine and putting a dent in their trout population...... however that illogical madness works. Good job guys. I would keep and eat them tasty morsels too.

#16 · (Edited)
What amazes me is that if someone posts a pic of bigger trout, the person gets bashed for keeping a fish over a certain size. Then you have these fisherman who are obviously happy with their catch(shown by the high five) Which now are tiny trout, or strung up frozen. What does that even matter? I think it's a good thing actually, means they took care of the catch and didnt cull fish for any bigger ones. Let the guys enjoy a good catch, whether solid trout or just over the legal size.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

#17 ·
I don't have an opinion on the dead fish pic's, but it would sure be nice if these fishing reports had information like which beach, what you caught them on, what tactics worked and what didn't, local information like where you parked (and launched, if you're in a boat), etc. Even information like where you stopped to eat, and whether they served good food or not, is helpful for someone looking to go fishing in an area.

Otherwise, it's not a fishing report. It's a bragging board. Nothing wrong with a bragging board, mind you- as long as the fish are legal. But not nearly as handy as "how we did it- and you can, too".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.